Half-Life 2 [Early version] before Mac UPDATE and more or "Hey, down there! Supplies!!!"
There are an early versions of Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One . They work as a mods.
Here they are!http://sdrv.ms/P2R43y
There are 3 mods (HL2 - 2 versions, HL2EP1 - 1 version):
1) "Half-Life 2 [half-life 2 content (v9), source engine (v52) +/- source materials (v7), source models (v3), source sounds (v3) without "shaders" folder]" (2005).
2) "Half-Life 2 [half-life 2 content (v9), half-life 2 game dialog (v1) , source engine (v75) +/- source materials (v8), source models (v4), source sounds (v4) without "shaders" folder]"(2009).
3) Half-Life 2 [half-life 2 base content (v0), base source shared (v12) +/- base source shared materials (v1), base source shared models (v1), base source shared sounds (v1)](2004).
4) Counter-Strike: Source [counter-strike source base content (v9), counter-strike source shared content (v13), base source shared (v12) +/- base source shared materials (v1), base source shared models (v1), base source shared sounds (v1)](2004).
5) "Half-Life 2: Episode One [half-life 2 episode one (9), episode 1 shared (v5) +/- source materials (v8), source models (v4), source sounds (v4)]"(2009).
Don't forget to download and read readme***.txt files.
Here's my e-mail for your questions about the build/mod.
FAQ (from my mail and Steam thread):
Q: How do I go about installing this? I assume that I need Half Life 2/Half Life 2: Episode One installed and that I simply need to extract the four/ten archives you have provided into the Sourcemods folder in my steam directory.
A: You need to find "hl2"/"episodic" folder in archives. Then you need to extract "hl2"/"episodic" to your "sourcemods" folder (example - D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemod). Then restart your Steam (just quit and launch again). Then you'll see the mod/mods at your library. I also updated the main thread with improved version/versions of mod/mods.http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...98&postcount=1
Q: Would it be wise to turn off auto updates for Half Life 2/Half-Life 2: Episode One in order to prevent further comlications with your mod? How does this mod appear in the Steam library?
A: No, it's just a mod/mods. It's not an improved files for original game such as a Half-Life 2: Update 2.0 modification.
Q: On the thread you have created, you provide a link to "First and maybe the last patch with missing files".What is this patch and is it needed if all I want is the original version of HL2?
A: No, it's an old patch for first version ("test" version) of modification for Half-Life 2 for causing some troubles with mod in future. It's no more needed for new improved version of modfication.
Q: So is this HL2 on the HL1 engine?
A: No. It's a modication based on old version of HL2.
Q: This doesn't show up in my library.
A: Try restarting Steam if you haven't already.