Half-Life 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
[Poke☆] Tommy Jul 31, 2013 @ 7:06pm
My ideas of Half Life 3
First i will give people who just got Half Life 2 some backstory

Half Life is an award winning seiries known for there high quality production, amazing story, and great gameplay.

Half Life got scores around 95-97
Half Life 2 got scores around 97-110
Half Life 2 episode 1 got scores around 80-90
Half Life 2 episode 2 got scores around 85-94

Ok in 2007 Valve practicly gave us the middle finger by having the ending in episode 2 with Alyx's dad getting killed and D0G comes to help them with Alyx crying.

What i think the launch date should be August 24th 2016. I know people would be angry but i have 2 reasons

A. The first VALVe related game was made at that time. and VALVe corperation was founded around the same time by two former Microsoft workers, Gabe Newell and Mike Harrington. Meaning it would be there twentieth anniversary game.

B. They would have enough time for the game to be the best playing and looking game of all time.

Some stuff to note

*I want the game to be more than just pretty eyecandy. The levels have to be vast and on a second playthrough you could go 2-4 other ways.
*The A.I is realistic, very realistic.
*When an event happens it should stay in First Person mode. And if something that would make the player sad happens it actually shows tears dripping makes you look like your squinting.
* You have more logical/natural reasons why you cant go somewhere like you need a key to open it or you can go over a fence but it is electric.

Now for the real important stuff

It now takes place in America and it shows that Left 4 Dead happened over at the states. while there you crash into the coast of Flordia and there is an easteregg in it (a skeleton holding a machine gun) You see that Headcrabs and the Green Flu virus zombies are clashing for survival of the fittest. The boss is a Poisoned Tank.

The game's weapons have attatchments and are fully customizable. More so than Crysis.

The game hints Team Fortress Classic by you going into an unfinished 2Fort that looks like the one in Team Fortress Classic.

Gman isnt explained untill Half Life 3 episode 2.

The game proves that there should be no P0rtal 3 because Chell apears in this game and has a full purpoise. Making the final levels Western United State of America.

America looks like it still has some U.S Military.

The game shifts through day and knight even through non events!

Fan Videos VALVe shouuld follow through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-uB7Goc1wk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm5sEaC5tBA

Oh the graphics should be on par with Crysis Hunters Life.
Last edited by [Poke☆] Tommy; Jul 31, 2013 @ 7:26pm
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
lamn[i want plague inc evolved] Jul 31, 2013 @ 7:22pm 
i agree
[Poke☆] Tommy Jul 31, 2013 @ 7:24pm 
Originally posted by HugePyroalicorn twilight:
i agree
look at my update on it
Muffin Jul 31, 2013 @ 9:26pm 
1) Left 4 Dead isn't part of the Half-Life universe and Portal takes place in the future.

2) Sure, in Half-Life 3 you might see chell in stasis, but other than that it most likely wont intertwine.

3) Half-Life 3's graphics DONT need to be on par with Crysis, infact, I would love it even if it was on the Source engine (in contrast to Source 2 which is being made).
Graphics don't matter at all what the ♥♥♥♥ is wrong with you.
[Poke☆] Tommy Aug 1, 2013 @ 6:11am 
Originally posted by MrMuffinz:
1) Left 4 Dead isn't part of the Half-Life universe and Portal takes place in the future.

2) Sure, in Half-Life 3 you might see chell in stasis, but other than that it most likely wont intertwine.

3) Half-Life 3's graphics DONT need to be on par with Crysis, infact, I would love it even if it was on the Source engine (in contrast to Source 2 which is being made).
Graphics don't matter at all what the ♥♥♥♥ is wrong with you.
did i say just about graphics, i love the graphics of Source games but they arent perfect, You werenet sure if P0rtal 2 really took place in the future, it could only take 15 years for that stuff to grow. And how are you sure about L4D not being in the same universe, HL1, HL2, and the episodes take place in america and the COmbine cut off communications from america probably.
Muffin Aug 1, 2013 @ 11:11am 
Originally posted by Godzilla 1972:
Originally posted by MrMuffinz:
1) Left 4 Dead isn't part of the Half-Life universe and Portal takes place in the future.

2) Sure, in Half-Life 3 you might see chell in stasis, but other than that it most likely wont intertwine.

3) Half-Life 3's graphics DONT need to be on par with Crysis, infact, I would love it even if it was on the Source engine (in contrast to Source 2 which is being made).
Graphics don't matter at all what the ♥♥♥♥ is wrong with you.
did i say just about graphics, i love the graphics of Source games but they arent perfect, You werenet sure if P0rtal 2 really took place in the future, it could only take 15 years for that stuff to grow. And how are you sure about L4D not being in the same universe, HL1, HL2, and the episodes take place in america and the COmbine cut off communications from america probably.
Half-Life 2 took place in eastern europe -_-

Portal 2 has to be in the future because nature wouldn't have gotten into the Aperture complex in 9-15 years.

All the testing stuff wouldn't have decayed that badly in 15 years.

And no, the graphics aren't perfect, they don't need to be.
Last edited by Muffin; Aug 1, 2013 @ 11:12am
[Poke☆] Tommy Aug 1, 2013 @ 1:06pm 
Originally posted by MrMuffinz:
Originally posted by Godzilla 1972:
did i say just about graphics, i love the graphics of Source games but they arent perfect, You werenet sure if P0rtal 2 really took place in the future, it could only take 15 years for that stuff to grow. And how are you sure about L4D not being in the same universe, HL1, HL2, and the episodes take place in america and the COmbine cut off communications from america probably.
Half-Life 2 took place in eastern europe -_-

Portal 2 has to be in the future because nature wouldn't have gotten into the Aperture complex in 9-15 years.

All the testing stuff wouldn't have decayed that badly in 15 years.

And no, the graphics aren't perfect, they don't need to be.
Your talking about the company that cant afford real air
Shadow Killer Oct 5, 2013 @ 5:17am 
Originally posted by Level 100 SHiny Sceptile:
Originally posted by MrMuffinz:
Half-Life 2 took place in eastern europe -_-

Portal 2 has to be in the future because nature wouldn't have gotten into the Aperture complex in 9-15 years.

All the testing stuff wouldn't have decayed that badly in 15 years.

And no, the graphics aren't perfect, they don't need to be.
Your talking about the company that cant afford real air
LOL
[Poke☆] Tommy Oct 5, 2013 @ 6:08am 
Originally posted by Silver Soldier:
Originally posted by Level 100 SHiny Sceptile:
Your talking about the company that cant afford real air
LOL
oh watch shows like life after people, it shows after 1 year stuff starts to decay
CashewCraft Oct 27, 2013 @ 9:51am 
The combine took over the ENTIRE world (I prove this with the fact that the status field covered the entire world), so if the green flu virus took place in america the combine would have either contained the infection or (more likely), destroyed the entire continent. In the end of portal 2 you end up in a corn field. you don't usually see that in a post-apocalyptic, alien inhabited world. people didn't grow food after the combine invaded, instead they were fed drugged nutrient packets supplied by the combine containing memory drugs to make people forget why they hate the combine to make them more compliant. Thus I close my point of portal 2 being in the future by saying that therefore the resistance must triumph over the combine in order to reclaim earth for humanity, and allowing to grow their own food again. Do your research.
Last edited by CashewCraft; Oct 27, 2013 @ 9:55am
[Poke☆] Tommy Oct 27, 2013 @ 10:00am 
Originally posted by CashewCraft:
The combine took over the ENTIRE world (I prove this with the fact that the status field covered the entire world), so if the green flu virus took place in america the combine would have either contained the infection or (more likely), destroyed the entire continent. In the end of portal 2 you end up in a corn field. you don't usually see that in a post-apocalyptic, alien inhabited world. people didn't grow food after the combine invaded, instead they were fed drugged nutrient packets supplied by the combine containing memory drugs to make people forget why they hate the combine to make them more compliant. Thus I close my point of portal 2 being in the future by saying that therefore the resistance must triumph over the combine in order to reclaim earth for humanity, and allowing to grow their own food again. Do your research.
The green flu was in the eastern area of America. Aperture is in the western area of America. And the green flu wouldnt have been a threat since all they did was make America an easy target for getting anhiolatted. And if America fought the Combine it would end up with other contries joining America. And America could destroy it.
[GFA] General Refrigerator Oct 27, 2013 @ 8:24pm 
I have no idea what I'm doing. So, I shall begin with my unintelligent and horribly thought-out storyline.

1. Gordon and Alyx crash some distance from the Borealis, and fight their way in and out of a Combine base. *insert intense vehicle level here*

2. When the arrive, they discover Mossman wounded and Alyx leaves Gordon to tend to her. Gordon then goes through the Borealis, eventually arriving in a small control room, which is occupied by an Advisor. *insert intense boss battle here*

3. When the Advisor is defeated, Gordon flips a switch, opening the entire left side of the ship, and a massive dimentional portal is created. APERTURE SCIEEEEEEEEEEEENCE!

4. The portal sucks Gordon and the entire ship through. The ship is destroyed, and lands on Xen, along with Gordon. Alyx climbs out of the rubble and finds Gordon, and they run through a now Combine-Occupied Xen.

5. At some point, they arrive in what used to be the Nihilanth's chamber. It seems to have been converted into a massive den for the Advisors. Gordon is confronted by the G-Man, right before he (Gordon) is about to get killed by an Advisor. He is put back into stasis. THE END?

6. Gordon wakes up on an Osprey, looking at Adrian Shepherd. The G-Man appears before both of them, and suddenly Shepherd and Freeman appear in the Advisor-Den, precisely the moment when Gordon and Alyx arrive. All an alarm goes off, and 2 striders are released into the den. Alyx, Gordon, and Adrian fight them off and destroy the Advisors. Not by shooting them, but some other reason. The entire den explodes. Yay.

7. The trio escapes to the wreckage of the Borealis, and search it. They find a smaller prototype version of the dimentional portal device, still intact, and while Alyx sets it up, Gordon and Shepherd fight of several waves of Combine soldiers. They are able to return to White Forest.

8. Gordon, Alyx, Barney, and Shepherd take Combine Hunter-Choppers stolen by the resistance to the ruins of Black Mesa, where the Combine are attempting to re-open the superportal using the anti-mass spectrometer. They go through some familiar locations, but not all, because most of the facility got nuked by the Black Ops, and battle the Combine. They arrive at the Anti-Mass spectrometer room, which is still intact. They destroy the 2 Advisors currently lurking there, and attempt to shut the Spectrometer down. However, it transports them and half the room into the Combine Overworld. DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

9. In the Combine Overworld, they battle some new types of Combine troops. Gordon and Alyx go together one way, and Barney and Adrian go the other. Gordon and Alyx find out some information about the Combine, and come upon the the Combine's base of operations, a supermassive Citadel.

10. Gordon and Alyx fight their way through the base and arrive at the top, where the leader of the Advisors, which I guess would be a specially modified version of one, is fought by Gordon and Alyx. When it seems they're about to die, Barney and Shepherd break into the room, and aid Alyx and Gordon. They eventually kill the Super-Advisor, and completely shut down the Citadels in every other city. They head to a Combine transport center and return to Earth, where they arrive in City 14. They see a small army of rebels battling a slightly smaller about of Combine Soldiers. The G-Man appears behind Gordon, and here he reveals who he is, what he's doing, etc. He takes Gordon, Alyx, Barney, and Shepherd back to White Forest, where the Rebels and everyone else are celebrating.

11. In the Credits, it could show a city during its uprising, and the utter defeat of the Combine.
Drillbit the Immortal Voidwalker Nov 1, 2013 @ 12:38pm 
Originally posted by GFA General Refrigerator:
I have no idea what I'm doing. So, I shall begin with my unintelligent and horribly thought-out storyline.

1. Gordon and Alyx crash some distance from the Borealis, and fight their way in and out of a Combine base. *insert intense vehicle level here*

2. When the arrive, they discover Mossman wounded and Alyx leaves Gordon to tend to her. Gordon then goes through the Borealis, eventually arriving in a small control room, which is occupied by an Advisor. *insert intense boss battle here*

3. When the Advisor is defeated, Gordon flips a switch, opening the entire left side of the ship, and a massive dimentional portal is created. APERTURE SCIEEEEEEEEEEEENCE!

4. The portal sucks Gordon and the entire ship through. The ship is destroyed, and lands on Xen, along with Gordon. Alyx climbs out of the rubble and finds Gordon, and they run through a now Combine-Occupied Xen.

5. At some point, they arrive in what used to be the Nihilanth's chamber. It seems to have been converted into a massive den for the Advisors. Gordon is confronted by the G-Man, right before he (Gordon) is about to get killed by an Advisor. He is put back into stasis. THE END?

6. Gordon wakes up on an Osprey, looking at Adrian Shepherd. The G-Man appears before both of them, and suddenly Shepherd and Freeman appear in the Advisor-Den, precisely the moment when Gordon and Alyx arrive. All an alarm goes off, and 2 striders are released into the den. Alyx, Gordon, and Adrian fight them off and destroy the Advisors. Not by shooting them, but some other reason. The entire den explodes. Yay.

7. The trio escapes to the wreckage of the Borealis, and search it. They find a smaller prototype version of the dimentional portal device, still intact, and while Alyx sets it up, Gordon and Shepherd fight of several waves of Combine soldiers. They are able to return to White Forest.

8. Gordon, Alyx, Barney, and Shepherd take Combine Hunter-Choppers stolen by the resistance to the ruins of Black Mesa, where the Combine are attempting to re-open the superportal using the anti-mass spectrometer. They go through some familiar locations, but not all, because most of the facility got nuked by the Black Ops, and battle the Combine. They arrive at the Anti-Mass spectrometer room, which is still intact. They destroy the 2 Advisors currently lurking there, and attempt to shut the Spectrometer down. However, it transports them and half the room into the Combine Overworld. DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

9. In the Combine Overworld, they battle some new types of Combine troops. Gordon and Alyx go together one way, and Barney and Adrian go the other. Gordon and Alyx find out some information about the Combine, and come upon the the Combine's base of operations, a supermassive Citadel.

10. Gordon and Alyx fight their way through the base and arrive at the top, where the leader of the Advisors, which I guess would be a specially modified version of one, is fought by Gordon and Alyx. When it seems they're about to die, Barney and Shepherd break into the room, and aid Alyx and Gordon. They eventually kill the Super-Advisor, and completely shut down the Citadels in every other city. They head to a Combine transport center and return to Earth, where they arrive in City 14. They see a small army of rebels battling a slightly smaller about of Combine Soldiers. The G-Man appears behind Gordon, and here he reveals who he is, what he's doing, etc. He takes Gordon, Alyx, Barney, and Shepherd back to White Forest, where the Rebels and everyone else are celebrating.

11. In the Credits, it could show a city during its uprising, and the utter defeat of the Combine.

Seems pretty good, although the large amount of teleporting could annoy players. Also, as mentioned earlier, Portal isn't TECHNICALLY in the same time period as Half Life, so I fail to see how Aperture Science would play a part in this. All in all, it's pretty well thought out. Somewhat repetitive, but pretty good.
ll1001 Nov 1, 2013 @ 8:30pm 
Totally agree with it, especially with the AI.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 31, 2013 @ 7:06pm
Posts: 13