Half-Life 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
PenguinwithPie Mar 16, 2013 @ 11:42am
What game should i buy?
i have cash now i dont know what i should spend it on. Most of the recomendations suck. I'm looking for a shooter game that:
-was made at least in the past 10 years
-isn't a cliche war game / Cod or battlefeild
-isn't intense horror
-has simple controls and gameplay
-a good story-line
i really like half-life, bioshock, and wolfenstein.
any recommendations?
Last edited by PenguinwithPie; Mar 16, 2013 @ 11:43am
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
ros117 Mar 17, 2013 @ 3:55am 
Have you tried Singularity? It's a fairly decent shooter that takes elements from Bioshock and Half Life. The singleplayer is fairly short (but then again what single isn't these days) and multiplayer is completely dead but it was still a fun ride for me and might just be one for you. Might want to wait for a sale though given its short lenght (up to you though. I bought it full price and don't regret it).
PenguinwithPie Mar 17, 2013 @ 9:31am 
singularity looks like something worth spending my money on. is it kind of like prototype?
TheFullFox Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
Buy Hl2 Half life 2
PenguinwithPie Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:07pm 
i already have half-life 2

Originally posted by Thefulfox:
Buy Hl2 Half life 2
ros117 Mar 17, 2013 @ 1:01pm 
Originally posted by GuyWithPie:
singularity looks like something worth spending my money on. is it kind of like prototype?

Nope it is, to put it bluntly, Bioshock if it took place on a desolate Soviet experimental installation and replaced the plasmids with the TMD (Time Manipulation Device). If you like Bioshock then you should like this too (even if Bio is the better game. Singularity's shooting mechanics are far better though). Also it's made by the same guys that did Wolfenstein (Raven) so if you liked that you should also like Singularity. Shame that so few people gave it a chance when it came out.
PenguinwithPie Mar 17, 2013 @ 1:18pm 
ok
Rockhead Gaz Mar 17, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
I would also recommend Singularity. It is very much in the same vein as BioShock. As ros117 said, the gunplay is much better, story isn't as strong, but interesting enough, I suppose. It's a fun game from the makers of Wolfenstein 2010, and it is actually the better game in my opinion. It ticks all your boxes, and you can't really go wrong for £10.
PenguinwithPie Mar 17, 2013 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by Rockhead Gaz:
I would also recommend Singularity. It is very much in the same vein as BioShock. As ros117 said, the gunplay is much better, story isn't as strong, but interesting enough, I suppose. It's a fun game from the makers of Wolfenstein 2010, and it is actually the better game in my opinion. It ticks all your boxes, and you can't really go wrong for £10.
actually its 2009 wolfenstein, but thanks for your recomendations
Ach106 Mar 24, 2013 @ 9:30am 
Okay, I know you said no intense horror, but I have to reccommend Dead Space 1- It is a horror game but it is only scary at the begining- If you do buy it, keep looking at the ceiling, most of it's scares are things falling on you.
Johsamro Mar 24, 2013 @ 7:42pm 
Try counter-strike, It is quite popular now.
PenguinwithPie Mar 24, 2013 @ 8:15pm 
Originally posted by Johsamro:
Try counter-strike, It is quite popular now.
i already have counter-strike and its WAAYYY too complicated fro me. i didn't metion it but im looking for a single player game.
PenguinwithPie Mar 24, 2013 @ 8:16pm 
Originally posted by Ach106:
Okay, I know you said no intense horror, but I have to reccommend Dead Space 1- It is a horror game but it is only scary at the begining- If you do buy it, keep looking at the ceiling, most of it's scares are things falling on you.
nah, not really my type, its not 1st person either.
Marquis Mar 31, 2013 @ 1:50am 
Half-Life or maybe BioShock, though I've never played BioShock.
PenguinwithPie Mar 31, 2013 @ 10:58am 
>:( i already have half-life and bioshock.
LSU SUCKS Apr 1, 2013 @ 8:49am 
Originally posted by GuyWithPie:
i have cash now i dont know what i should spend it on. Most of the recomendations suck. I'm looking for a shooter game that:
-was made at least in the past 10 years
-isn't a cliche war game / Cod or battlefeild
-isn't intense horror
-has simple controls and gameplay
-a good story-line
i really like half-life, bioshock, and wolfenstein.
any recommendations?
i know this is late, but you should get bioshock infinite.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2013 @ 11:42am
Posts: 18