Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2

View Stats:
Half-Life 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Equinox Feb 26, 2014 @ 5:58pm
HL2 Mods not picking up Episode 2 or Deathmatch content.
I have two mods, "1187" and "Modular Combat" for HL2 and they can't seem to pickup Episode 2 and Deathmatch content. I have tried re-installing Deathmatch but that did not fix it so I don't want to try and download Episode 2.

Gmod may also may still pick it up but I havn't tested that yet.

Please help.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Ok, first of all, are those games for the original HL2 or those two games?
Equinox Feb 26, 2014 @ 6:12pm 
Originally posted by Monst-E-r:
Ok, first of all, are those games for the original HL2 or those two games?

The users who created 1187 said that you have to have HL2 Episode 2. Did not say anything about the original HL2.

The user who created Modular Combat said that you need Episode 2 AND HL2 Deathmatch because it uses some maps from it.

I have all the HL2 Games BTW.
Verify the game cache of both games and reinstall your mods.
Well, actually, is there some sort of error message for you?
Equinox Feb 26, 2014 @ 6:18pm 
Originally posted by Monst-E-r:
Well, actually, is there some sort of error message for you?
What type of error messages? Actual messages ingame showing errors? Errored models? Messages before game at the menu?
Originally posted by HZ-R Equinox:
Originally posted by Monst-E-r:
Well, actually, is there some sort of error message for you?
What type of error messages? Actual messages ingame showing errors? Errored models? Messages before game at the menu?
Anything will do.
Equinox Feb 27, 2014 @ 2:35pm 
Originally posted by Monst-E-r:
Originally posted by HZ-R Equinox:
What type of error messages? Actual messages ingame showing errors? Errored models? Messages before game at the menu?
Anything will do.
I get errored models on both games, they both seem to be only EP2 Content that gets it.
I do get a warning message on Modular Combat over how I do not have Half Life 2: Deathmatch and EP2.
No in-game messages come up but the errored models already give it away.

Oh, and the sky in 1187 blurs out which tends to happen when a texture is missing.
If you think that you get errors on only EP2 content, then buying EP2 will help (or installing content from a website)
I don't really see on how you get errored models from Deathmatch, it uses the exact same content as HL2.
Equinox Feb 28, 2014 @ 1:48pm 
Originally posted by Monst-E-r:
If you think that you get errors on only EP2 content, then buying EP2 will help (or installing content from a website)
I don't really see on how you get errored models from Deathmatch, it uses the exact same content as HL2.

I already have EP2 content installed however, I have the game. I also verified the game cache of EP2 and Deathmatch. EP2 had to update but it still showed problems, even after re-installing the mods.
More than likely, updates maade the mods outdated. Sorry if I couldn't be of any assisstance. :/ I recommend Steam Support if you haven't.
IdiotGamer Feb 28, 2014 @ 6:10pm 
To fix 1187 you have to copy some stuff from the EP2 folder into the 1187 folder. I can't remember what exactly you had to copy so i'll try to look it up when i have some spare time. I have no idea how to fix the other mod, sorry :c (yes, the steampipe update messed up the compatibility of a lot of mods and since a lot of the mods are abandoned, you'll have to look up a way to fix it manually)
Last edited by IdiotGamer; Feb 28, 2014 @ 6:11pm
IdiotGamer Feb 28, 2014 @ 6:32pm 
Okay, so what you need to do to fix 1187 is you have to download a program that can open the vpk files. The program i see a lot of people using (myself included) is GCFScape.
Now you have to go to ep2's folder (steam/steamapps/common/Half-Life 2/ep2) and open ep2_pak_dir with GCFScape. Then, you have to copy everything inside the materials and models folders into 1187's materials and models folders. Now you should be able to play c:
I'm not sure if you need to keep ep2 installed after doing this and i think you also need to have source sdk base 2007 installed.
Equinox Feb 28, 2014 @ 8:41pm 
Originally posted by IdiotGamer:
Okay, so what you need to do to fix 1187 is you have to download a program that can open the vpk files. The program i see a lot of people using (myself included) is GCFScape.
Now you have to go to ep2's folder (steam/steamapps/common/Half-Life 2/ep2) and open ep2_pak_dir with GCFScape. Then, you have to copy everything inside the materials and models folders into 1187's materials and models folders. Now you should be able to play c:
I'm not sure if you need to keep ep2 installed after doing this and i think you also need to have source sdk base 2007 installed.

Will try this tomorrow! Thanks!
NateTheGamer Jun 2, 2015 @ 5:31pm 
Sorry for being so late but i went to the commons section and Half Life 2 isnt there.
IdiotGamer Jun 4, 2015 @ 11:37am 
Originally posted by natedawgtroop103:
Sorry for being so late but i went to the commons section and Half Life 2 isnt there.
Go to your steam library, right click on Half-Life 2 (or whatever game you are looking for), click on properties, go to local files and click on Browse Local Files. That should take you to the folder where the game is located in your computer.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Half-Life 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2014 @ 5:58pm
Posts: 15