Antichamber > General Discussions > Topic Details
Power of Seven Feb 3, 2013 @ 6:46pm
Somehow missing a picture.
I don't know how, but the game claims that I solved all the puzzles, but I'm still missing one of the easier icons in the game. I'm missing the first mountain image and I'm not sure how. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
[UKoE] Luna Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:05pm 
If I understand you right, take another look at Taking Baby Steps
spiritofcat Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:05pm 
I've got all the mountain ranges.
I'm missing only one picture as shown in this screenshot:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124932093
I'll see if I can work out where the mountain you're looking for is.
Any idea where I can find the one I'm missing?
[UKoE] Luna Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
Fuzzyball take another look at A link in a chain reaction
spiritofcat Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:19pm 
Originally posted by UKoE Luna:
Fuzzyball take another look at A link in a chain reaction
Argh, I hate that puzzle!
But thanks, I'll go check it.
Power of Seven Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:22pm 
Originally posted by UKoE Luna:
If I understand you right, take another look at Taking Baby Steps

Thanks. I'm not sure how I missed it earlier.
spiritofcat Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:30pm 
Seven, I've made a video for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mMnJh7jvS4
But it looks like you already got it.

And thanks again Luna, now I've got all the signs!

Still got one thing on my map that looks unfinished though.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124936209
Power of Seven Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:46pm 
Originally posted by Fuzzyball:
Seven, I've made a video for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mMnJh7jvS4
But it looks like you already got it.

And thanks again Luna, now I've got all the signs!

Still got one thing on my map that looks unfinished though.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124936209

Thanks for making a video. Wow, people on the Antichamber forums are so nice. :-)

In my opinion, I think that The Exit is intentionally "unfinished' and you cannot solve it on purpose. The game presumes that you returned to a point in time before the final scene and the credits.

The game presumes that the entire map is destroyed by the end of the game, including the antechamber where you start. I think this is why pressing Esc doesn't do anything at the end map, because you effectively destroyed the antechamber so there's nothing to return to. As a result, marking the final map as "done" would be a logic paradox.

I could be wrong, but I don't see how there can be an alternate ending as I did a lot of stupid stuff in the final scene and I would have certainly hit it otherwise. I kept jumping into all the pits and throwing the cube everywhere as I didn't know what to do.
Last edited by Power of Seven; Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:47pm
spiritofcat Feb 3, 2013 @ 8:09pm 
Originally posted by Power of Seven:
Thanks for making a video. Wow, people on the Antichamber forums are so nice. :-)

In my opinion, I think that The Exit is intentionally "unfinished' and you cannot solve it on purpose. The game presumes that you returned to a point in time before the final scene and the credits.

The game presumes that the entire map is destroyed by the end of the game, including the antechamber where you start. I think this is why pressing Esc doesn't do anything at the end map, because you effectively destroyed the antechamber so there's nothing to return to. As a result, marking the final map as "done" would be a logic paradox.

I could be wrong, but I don't see how there can be an alternate ending as I did a lot of stupid stuff in the final scene and I would have certainly hit it otherwise. I kept jumping into all the pits and throwing the cube everywhere as I didn't know what to do.

Yeah, I've spent a fair bit of time messing around in the ending area too and haven't found any alternate options.
I guess the remaining exit from The Exit really is just the exit to the ending sequence.
I guess that's 100% completion for me now.
The only thing I can think of to still try to do is to finish it in under 1.5 hours like that timer in the antechamber suggested...
Ridnarhtim Feb 4, 2013 @ 12:45am 
Originally posted by Power of Seven:
Originally posted by UKoE Luna:
If I understand you right, take another look at Taking Baby Steps

Thanks. I'm not sure how I missed it earlier.

Hah, that's funny. That's the one I got last, too. I seem to have walked right past it the first time.
CSn|_Zelda Feb 4, 2013 @ 5:23pm 
@Fuzzyball I suggest you stay away from them if you want to figure out speedrun routes for yourself, but there are many videos recording game completion in under 10 minutes. Unless you're talking about a 100% speedrun, in which case I still think 90 minutes is very generous if you don't forget the solutions to puzzles.
Conji97 Jan 2 @ 10:53pm 
If any one could help me i am missing the picture to the right of the guy shooting a cake.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50