This discussion is found over at the Official Discussion Forum of Klei.
Created at 12:02am GMT 24/09/2013
Posted by Administrator Bryce
- Instructions for changing branches:
- Right click Don't Starve in your steam library and select properties
- Go to the betas tab.
- Select publicpreview from the drop down menu. There is no password.
- If you do not see that branch it means we are not currently running a test.
- To change back, simply select "NONE" from the same drop down menu. This will happen automatically when we close the testing branch.
- The preview should download. Restart steam if it doesn't.
[indent=1](Note that you will not have access to your saved files in the testing branch. Your files will be waiting for you when you change back to the normal branch.)[/indent]Changelist 86019:Modding
- Required setpieces and prefabs are now specified in level files instead of being hardcoded in world gen. This means you no longer have to have teleportatos in your custom levels. Check out "ordered_story_setpieces" and "required_prefabs" in scripts/maps/levels/survival.lua to see how we are using this for our own maps.
- Mod uploader now works on all platforms.
- A bunch of new modding tutorials have been made. Check them out here.[forums.kleientertainment.com]
- Added a worm enemy to the caves.
- The Ancient Guardian has a new short range melee attack that it will use when its target is close.
- Rooks can no longer instantly kill any monster in the game during a charge.
- Followers will have an easier time keeping up with their leader.
- Fire hounds are now freezable, but with a higher resistance than normal.
- Ice hounds are now burnable.
- DEATH IN THE CAVES NOW WORKS AS IT DOES IN THE OVER WORLD. IF YOU DIE YOUR SAVE FILE WILL BE DELETED.
- You can no longer regenerate caves.
- Followers will follow you between cave levels.
- Time is synced across cave levels.
- Resurrection mechanics work between cave levels.
- Cave world generation changes:
- Improved cave generation. Areas should feel more unique.
- Added a couple new biomes:
- Red and Green fungus forests
- Sunken Swamps
- The nightmare has further influenced the caves. Fissures can be found throughout.
- Spilagmites work like rocks and can be totally destroyed.
- Added new art for the entrance to the ruins.
- The worm drops a magical food item.
- The Thulecite Crown has a new magical effect.
- Fire darts can now target non-burnable creatures, but will not do damage. You can use them to thaw frozen creatures.
- Controller support added!
- Wilson no longer says "It's getting late, I should make a fire" while in the caves.
- Sanity loss no longer changes based on time of day in the caves.
- MacTusk can now pathfind back to his camp if he's led very far away from it.
- Improved graphical effects on MacTusks projectile.
- Beefalo will now wake up when they're on fire.
- You can no longer trade with sleeping pigs.
- Removed small holes in cave worlds that were previously pillars.
- Player now reacts to bee and mosquito attacks.