Don't Starve

Don't Starve

Don't Starve > General Discussion > Topic Details
J20Hawkz Jan 24, 2014 @ 7:07am
●*●*●*● Don't Starve on your tablet ●*●*●*●
Hopefully any information you guys post here, either positive or negative, will probably help a Developer in improving tablet functionality with Don't Starve, if they come across this thread. Please answer as many of the following questions as honestly as you can. Thanks.

Anyone here play Don't Starve on a tablet?
Which tablet do you play Don't Starve on?
Why do you like playing Don't Starve on a tablet?
Are there any noticeable issues?
If you could suggest any improvements, what would they be?
Last edited by J20Hawkz; Jan 24, 2014 @ 5:34pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
axios2006 Jan 24, 2014 @ 3:10pm 
Galaxy Note 10.1, Only problem: Klei should redesign the UI. No right click on tablets.
Dookie-Noodle Jan 25, 2014 @ 11:17am 
I'm happy someone brought this up. Ever sence I got this game my biggest wish has been to be able to play this on the tablet. I would love to beable to kill small bits of time here or there casually playing this game. While changes will have to be made, I think it would be a great feat for Don't Starve to become a tablet game.
Satoru Jan 26, 2014 @ 8:05pm 
https://gameplay.gestureworks.com/virtual_controllers/2420-don-t-starve

You may wish to try out GestureWorks if you're running a Windows tablet
Arson Jan 27, 2014 @ 6:49pm 
Stupid question I guess. Can I play Don't Starve on my windows phone 8?
J20Hawkz Jan 29, 2014 @ 5:35am 
Originally posted by YADEEWT:
Stupid question I guess. Can I play Don't Starve on my windows phone 8?

Try it. Let us know.
Arson Jan 29, 2014 @ 6:59am 
Uh its not in the store.Do I have to buy it anywhere else?
J20Hawkz Jan 29, 2014 @ 7:05am 
Windows use their own store called google apps right?

Can't you install steam on your phone? There is also a steam app you can download from Google Apps.

First see if you can install steam. In your web browser on your phone go to steam store page

http://store.steampowered.com/

then top right it says install steam. See if your phone can do that first.
Last edited by J20Hawkz; Jan 29, 2014 @ 7:06am
Arson Jan 29, 2014 @ 7:28am 
ok.
Sovereign Jan 30, 2014 @ 9:25pm 
Confirmed Playable on a Tablet
Playableish, emphasis on the ish.

Using the TeamViewer app on a tablet with their computer one can run and control Don't Starve on a tablet. Yes, this means you can actually play the game on a tablet and use intuitive tablet controls to do everything you normally could do on a tablet game.

Here's the catch, it seems that the graphical processing (or maybe the latency) on my iPad Mini just isn't up to snuff, so the game tends to err on the side of slideshow. In addition, the controls are a little weird, I have to sort of move my finger a little when clicking, like drag it, or it doesn't click. But, I believe on a more powerful tablet the game could be enjoyable.

Try it out! Let me know if you can get it to work better!

Incedentally, I tried this also with Diablo II and it works
Last edited by Sovereign; Jan 30, 2014 @ 9:38pm
Aidy874 Jan 30, 2014 @ 9:59pm 
what about Ipods Ipads Iphones and stuff?
J20Hawkz Jan 31, 2014 @ 3:25am 
Join in here. I'll merge the threads. Best to keep all things related such as this in one place.
Sovereign Jan 31, 2014 @ 3:08pm 
Originally posted by J20Hawkz:
Join in here. I'll merge the threads. Best to keep all things related such as this in one place.

Okay, cool. I was worried I ventured into the forbidden zone for a moment there :p



Originally posted by Corvo:
what about Ipods Ipads Iphones and stuff?

The device that I did this on was an iPad mini, the not 3G version. I haven't tested it on my iPhone yet, but it'll probably work... but be unplayable. On my mini I can play in the technical sense, but it's by no means adequate which is probably due to network/app latency but maybe also with the processing power of the iPad itself. I don't really have the technical knowledge of tablets to determine that. I'd assume that anything which can run the app can do it, it's just a matter of which app you use, the quality of the connection, and the power of the tablet in question.
Last edited by Sovereign; Jan 31, 2014 @ 3:08pm
J20Hawkz Feb 2, 2014 @ 6:46am 
Originally posted by RLMSovereign:
Originally posted by J20Hawkz:
Join in here. I'll merge the threads. Best to keep all things related such as this in one place.

Okay, cool. I was worried I ventured into the forbidden zone for a moment there :p



Originally posted by Corvo:
what about Ipods Ipads Iphones and stuff?

The device that I did this on was an iPad mini, the not 3G version. I haven't tested it on my iPhone yet, but it'll probably work... but be unplayable. On my mini I can play in the technical sense, but it's by no means adequate which is probably due to network/app latency but maybe also with the processing power of the iPad itself. I don't really have the technical knowledge of tablets to determine that. I'd assume that anything which can run the app can do it, it's just a matter of which app you use, the quality of the connection, and the power of the tablet in question.

Have you tried blowing the pictures up on a larger screen? How does that fair? Is the picture quality just as good?
Sovereign Feb 2, 2014 @ 5:44pm 
Originally posted by J20Hawkz:

Have you tried blowing the pictures up on a larger screen? How does that fair? Is the picture quality just as good?

I'm not sure what you mean. My computer uses a large monitor and it looks great. I imagine you could play it on a large TV and it would still look good. I used to live in a warehouse with a projector and very large screen, like a one story screen, and I used to play computer games on it occasionally. There was definitely a slight quality drop there, but mostly due to the imperfections in the screen and the quality of the projector.

J20Hawkz Feb 7, 2014 @ 5:06pm 
For example with my Microsoft RT surface. I can connect a HDMI cable to the surface and to a larger screen.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Don't Starve > General Discussion > Topic Details
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2014 @ 7:07am
Posts: 22