chrisq Dec 8, 2013 @ 11:33pm
Linux users beware!
This game game doesn't even launch for me in several different configurations, intel HD, nvidia on latest ubuntu.
They also give ZERO support, avoid.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
kittehoverlord Dec 9, 2013 @ 12:03am 
Have you been here? http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=26936&iTestingId=74857

There might be something there to help you. I am unsure how you are using Steam on your GNU + Linux system, but if you are using the Steam Client from your repos, then you might find something on that page you can use to help you get started.

I have never heard of a problem with GNU + Linux that had ZERO support. There is also the Steam for Linux forums here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=97
& here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/

Hope that helps.
chrisq Dec 9, 2013 @ 2:39am 
Hi, thank you for the reply.

Originally posted by kittehoverlord:
Have you been here? http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=26936&iTestingId=74857

There might be something there to help you. I am unsure how you are using Steam on your GNU + Linux system, but if you are using the Steam Client from your repos, then you might find something on that page you can use to help you get started.

That's a page for using a windows version of the game with the wine emulator, but as the game is sold as a linux native game, that's what I'm using.

Originally posted by kittehoverlord:
I have never heard of a problem with GNU + Linux that had ZERO support. There is also the Steam for Linux forums here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=97
& here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the links, but I already have 20+ games working using native linux steam.
What I meant was that this game seems to have zero vendor support.
Other games I've had problems with have had people monitoring the forums and helping out.
Here I didn't even get a response.
]{iler01 Dec 9, 2013 @ 2:41am 
have you written straight to the dev? there's an email somewehere around here............

edit: support[at]devolverdigital[dot]com
Last edited by ]{iler01; Dec 9, 2013 @ 2:42am
pandialo Dec 9, 2013 @ 4:37am 
I use ubuntu 12.10 and it works fine. But I also have an amd graphic card. The game only crashes when I open the community window.
Doomcheese Dec 13, 2013 @ 11:43am 
Linux native works for me. AMD, Radeon, Sabayon.
Trunkin Dec 21, 2013 @ 9:26pm 
Linux native doesn't work for me. Just closes immediately after trying to launch the game. I'm also running the latest Ubuntu with an integrated Intel card...
]{iler01 Dec 22, 2013 @ 1:32am 
usually integrated card is the reason. the updated version equires openGL 2.1, which intel cards struggles with. if you can try to use an nvidia/ati card or try to launch an "original" version, instead of updated. the original worked fine on my intel hd 4000 and for the updated one i had to force always-on my 650m card
tengusama Dec 22, 2013 @ 4:18am 
The Steam main page of the game does not mention absolutely anything about video card requirements. One may argue that you could peek at mac os section (which lacks video card information as well) or even at Windows, but still...
]{iler01 Dec 22, 2013 @ 4:51am 
Originally posted by tengusama:
The Steam main page of the game does not mention absolutely anything about video card requirements. One may argue that you could peek at mac os section (which lacks video card information as well) or even at Windows, but still...
indeed, they should write that on the store page. well, atleast it's on the discussion stickies. at the FAQ thread. altho most people read that AFTER they buy


on a side note. I don't recal the updated version being advertised at all. it's just a bonus of a sort. so if the original is working fine, you can't really be mad at them.
Last edited by ]{iler01; Dec 22, 2013 @ 4:52am
chrisq Jan 17 @ 10:22am 
The game not running was caused by this:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/3031

I finally figured it out after troubleshooting the same problem with a different game with the actual help of the devs that made it.

It now works for me on Arch Linux with intel gfx (HD4000), which I switched to from ubuntu.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 8, 2013 @ 11:33pm
Posts: 10