PAYDAY 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Freddy Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:11pm
SAW to Importand?
Seams having the saw in PD2 is like way importand.
you can opren almost evey door
you can steel the pictures in the framing job
it seams to be a good weapon against bulls too
now with the new amored DLC it got even more importand.
i sould not have skilled c4 and drill .. saw is what you need
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
=[T$C]= Kylenia =CU= Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:14pm 
Saw and lockpicking became more important with this DLC, life becomes a lot easier for the team when someone is willing to sacrifice his/her primary weapon to speed up the looting process, or being a Ghost who can open the boxes almost twice as fast as having two to work on them, allowing higher survival rate on assault waves.
xythenz Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:16pm 
"saw too important" saw was only really useful on bank heist. Not many people were willing to bring a saw just for doors on other missions. I like how important the saw is now.
Ng_Arclite Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:16pm 
c4 is amazing and so is the drill...i dont know if you realize this but c4ing the transports destory 2 of the cases which might have the train heist in them.
Cyrix Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:17pm 
Originally posted by :
"saw too important" saw was only really useful on bank heist. Not many people were willing to bring a saw just for doors on other missions. I like how important the saw is now.

Don't forget Framing Frame day 1 and day 2
candlejack Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
it's only important if you can't handle the combat.
Cyrix Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:22pm 
Originally posted by c4ndlejack:
it's only important if you can't handle the combat.
Or don't want to spend half of the heist holding interact.
Tony Thimbletoes Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:34pm 
Still dont understand why the saw takes up the primary slot. A saw is bascially required on some of those maps. So whoever holds it, is gimped.
That's usually me.
Just sitting around doing no damage with my pistol because im incredibly tired of only using the loco shotgun because its "the gun" that enforcers must use to take advantage of his perks.

Oh what's this, a new bulldozer that saws wont work on? Let me continue shooting him with my no damage pistol while everyone else is down.

Cyrix Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:36pm 
Originally posted by ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ:
Still dont understand why the saw takes up the primary slot. A saw is bascially required on some of those maps. So whoever holds it, is gimped.
That's usually me.
Just sitting around doing no damage with my pistol because im incredibly tired of only using the loco shotgun because its "the gun" that enforcers must use to take advantage of his perks.

Oh what's this, a new bulldozer that saws wont work on? Let me continue shooting him with my no damage pistol while everyone else is down.

Are you forbidden from using SMGs?
.benza Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:36pm 
Originally posted by ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ:
Still dont understand why the saw takes up the primary slot. A saw is bascially required on some of those maps. So whoever holds it, is gimped.
That's usually me.
Just sitting around doing no damage with my pistol because im incredibly tired of only using the loco shotgun.

Oh what's this, a new bulldozer that saws wont work on? Let me continue shooting him with my no damage pistol while everyone else is down.

Ever tried a fully modded Para as secondary when wielding the saw? It's pretty much a fully fledged assault rifle.
NoToRiOuS NoriuZ Konstabel Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:41pm 
Originally posted by To shreds you say?:
Originally posted by ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ:
Still dont understand why the saw takes up the primary slot. A saw is bascially required on some of those maps. So whoever holds it, is gimped.
That's usually me.
Just sitting around doing no damage with my pistol because im incredibly tired of only using the loco shotgun.

Oh what's this, a new bulldozer that saws wont work on? Let me continue shooting him with my no damage pistol while everyone else is down.

Ever tried a fully modded Para as secondary when wielding the saw? It's pretty much a fully fledged assault rifle.

and its f... epic in battle !
Royal Canterlot Voice Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:43pm 
You really aren't gimped. You either have a heavy pistol/SMG or a Loco with Overkill that murders everything.

IMO Saw balance is in a good place. It's the cheapest skill points wise and opens the most but in return you have to give up your primary. That seems like a nice trade off.

Unlike every single ghost access skill, because lol ECM Override.
Mutant1988 Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:43pm 
The only one that's left out of the actual objective completion is the Mastermind, but I would say that his unique skills more than enough makes up for that.

Enforcer has Saw
Technician has Improved Drills and C4
Ghost has Lockpicking
Mastermind has Cable Guy, Dominator, Joker, Inspire and Pistol Messiah.

I think it evens out.
Tony Thimbletoes Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:44pm 
Originally posted by Cyrix:
Are you forbidden from using SMGs?

I've tried a few before, they were pretty bad. Recoil was too much to deal with and you're bascially wasting ammo on tan units. Seems more useful if you are a ghost with armor piercing. Maybe I'm missing something by not having them fully upgraded but I can't be bothered spending 20 hours finding the cards to upgrade the gun


Originally posted by To shreds you say?:
Ever tried a fully modded Para as secondary when wielding the saw? It's pretty much a fully fledged assault rifle.

I'll keep that in mind

Originally posted by Royal Canterlot Voice:
You really aren't gimped. You either have a heavy pistol/SMG or a Loco with Overkill that murders everything.

IMO Saw balance is in a good place. It's the cheapest skill points wise and opens the most but in return you have to give up your primary. That seems like a nice trade off.

Unlike every single ghost access skill, because lol ECM Override.
Well, what I'm saying is your access of guns is severely limited to a few overpowered secondaries. C4 can vastly speed up the mission times, yet they are not gimped at all?
Cyrix Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
Originally posted by ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ:
Originally posted by Cyrix:
Are you forbidden from using SMGs?

I've tried a few before, they were pretty bad. Recoil was too much to deal with and you're bascially wasting ammo on tan units. Seems more useful if you are a ghost with armor piercing. Maybe I'm missing something by not having them fully upgraded but I can't be bothered spending 20 hours finding the cards to upgrade the gun

You must be missing something. The P90 is fantastic, I have my CMP fully upgraded now and I love it as well (and it's very controllable). The MP5 is pretty damn good and has a ton of reserve ammo.

It's not like you have to do something special to find mods for them. You haven't collected any SMG mods just by playing the game? Don't have any extra Firebreathers, Tanks, or Stubbys to increase the damage and lower the recoil?
Chill_Hill Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
Originally posted by ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ:
Oh what's this, a new bulldozer that saws wont work on? Let me continue shooting him with my no damage pistol while everyone else is down.

I've noticed this as well, unfortunately...Black Dozers are no es bueno.

Originally posted by ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ:
Just sitting around doing no damage with my pistol because im incredibly tired of only using the loco shotgun because its "the gun" that enforcers must use to take advantage of his perks.

It does seem like Enforcers have the Loco thrust upon them, less they have another sidearm they like, or dont need saw. Unless newer shotguns were to be added in upcoming patches, I'm right there with ya, stuck with the loco. Ive had some luck with the compact5 and CMP, But Loco with Overkill perk is just too worth it, even though it may be boring =D
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2013 @ 2:11pm
Posts: 17