Planetside 2 is a great game that is both enjoyed and hated by many and I am here to tell you why.What is this game about?
To get to the gist of it, there are three factions who are fighting for territory and each have their own different reasons. There are 4 continents to choose from All the lore of the game is online on their wiki and is actually well worth the read. http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lore#Plot_Summary
You have probably heard about the massive battles that take in Planetside 2, and if you haven't, you are missing out. Each server holds up to 6000 people spread out to have 2000 people per continent. That makes each faction have about 666 people. When you get into the really big fights, trust me, it's a sight to see.
There are 6 classes that you can choose and customize. Don't worry, you can switch classes anytime from spawn. Each class has their own specialties, for example, the heavy goes in the front lines while the infiltrator snipes from above. There are many weapons to choose from and upgrades to purchase. Along with that come the vehicles that range from small motorbikes to huge ♥♥♥ cargo ships that can hold a full squad.
Finally there is a lot of exploration to be done. The four continents are huge and even I haven't been to each of the stations yet. Each map is made for a different type of person. For example, Hossin has a mountainous terrain meant for snipers and air vehicles while Indar is a relatively flat continent for tanks and infantry. There are many detail I can go into but you should find them out for yourself.
If you already read this far, congratulations! Now I will talk about the pros and cons. Pros:
- Sexy graphics
- Massive battles and experiences that can not be had in any other game
- Moments that feel scripted but they are really not
- Teamwork capabilities with squads/platoons
- You can be a leader of up to 48 other players
- Great range of different weapons to choose from
- No pay to win aspect (although some could argue)
- Developers are in touch with the community and make frequent updates
- Every person makes a difference and affects the outcome whether you are a heavy in the front lines or an infilitrator shooting from a distance
- Rewarding points gain
- Rare to no team kills
- Friendly community that like to help noobs learn to play
- 3 factions to choose from, each with their own types of weapons and vehicles
- 4 continents to choose from to fit your play style or to try something new
- Great game to play with up to 48 of your friends
- Moving to PS4 soon for console gameplayCons:
- Tutorial teaches you almost nothing and then you are dropped into a massive battle with no experience
- Huge learning curve
- Will die non-stop for the first couple hours until you understand how to play (best to have a friend teach you)
- No official online tutorials from SOE
- No knowledge of any icons unless you search it up or ask someone
- Large game download
- Can get repetitive if played alone
- New weapons cost way too much and takes many hours to get enough money to buy one
- Bugs (but developers fix them up pretty quickly)
- Lots of advertisement towards purchasing a membership (obvious reasons though)
- If you capture a continent, there is no party, barely a message
- Hard to start your own squad without friends
- Best squads tend to be full
- Lots of lag with low-end computer (although you could just lower settings)
- Only for Windows
- Less fun without a microphone because you can't ask questions and it is harder to lead a squadConclusion:
Overall, the pros and cons balance each other out with the pros being just a bit better. Trust me, it is really fun to go grab a group of your friends and play together. The game is a lot of fun and sharing the experience with your friends is even better. Overall, I would rate the game an 8.5/10 and would recommend it to anyone.
If this review helped you, please give it a like, thanks!Quick Tip:
If you decide to play with a group of friends, someone needs to be the medic.