張貼於：11 月 26 日
This is it. This may be my favorite game of all-time. It is definitely up there on the list of all-time greats. Why do I like this so much? For starters I am a huge Conan fan. The first movie (the only movie) the graphic novels, I own all the original Robert E. Howard stories. So as you can see I'm a big fan. So am I just a fanboy that would thumbs up this game no matter what? Quite the opposite. I would generally be over critical when it comes to a game made of my favorite fantasy world but they nailed it. Better than I could have ever imagined. Here is why I like it so much...
- Best classes in any MMORPG hands down. Goes far beyond human, elf, orc, etc..
- The music to each zone is like the best hollywood soundtrack for a classic movie. Outstanding.
- Combat feels fun. Doing combos and executing fatalities has not grown stale after close to 150 hours of gameplay.
- Graphics and world layout are wonderful. From the swaying of the grass in the grasslands to the snow-tipped mountains of Cimmeria to the deserts of Stygia and everything else. The animals that roam the countryside that prey on each other to the huge capital city. The world is very much alive and fun to traverse.
- The brutality and mature theme. I wanted a rated R MMORPG. They delivered.
I could go on but you get it. Here is another reason I love this game. I have played every asian kung fu themed game from here to the great wall and none have done it for me until I played the AoC expansion "Rise of the Godslayer" and made it to the far east in Khitai. The area is so well done. The questing is fun. The dungeons are awesome and very challenging. Rather than offering a very family friendly colorful crouching tiger experience, AoC offers a wicked 36 Chambers type experience that I was missing in all other asian games.
It is not the perfect game by any means. On PvP servers gankers are everywhere. The apprentice system is nice but if not used, when in a group with a higher level character it doesn't encourage team work. It is an older game so the player pop is lower than in some new games so finding dungeon mates can be tough at times. Definitely get with a good guild. It is F2P so players can buy top level gear if they want. If that bugs you.
But the Pros outweigh the Cons heavily IMO.
If you are looking for an adult, low-fantasy, brutal, beautiful, vast open world with open world PvP (or not depending on your server) AoC is one of the greatest games ever made in this guy's humble opinion. Good day to you!