Dungeonland > General Discussions > Topic Details
MasterZalm Mar 25 @ 12:38pm
Is it free yet?
I still have this lingering around in my recently posted section and I was wondering if I got the whole game for free or if I still have to buy it to get all the non dlc content.

I didnt bother to look for it on the market since the last time I looked I still had to pay $10 to play the game, even though it was free to play. Also, does it still have the free to play tag on it?
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
< >
kingj0n Apr 11 @ 8:01pm 
It's been free for so long.
Brithefryguy Apr 16 @ 2:35pm 
yea^
MasterZalm Apr 16 @ 8:08pm 
I seriously dont think you understand. I dont get access to the full game unless I buy it, that makes it a demo and I have to pay for it otherwise.
kingj0n Apr 16 @ 9:48pm 
I understand, it is still free.
MasterZalm Apr 17 @ 6:13am 
then why do I have to pay for it?
kingj0n Apr 17 @ 6:27am 
Originally posted by MasterZalm:
then why do I have to pay for it?
Because that part isn't free, but it's still a free game.
MasterZalm Apr 17 @ 6:37am 
If this is a free game, then why arent these free games? http://store.steampowered.com/freestuff/demos/
kingj0n Apr 17 @ 7:08am 
Originally posted by MasterZalm:
If this is a free game, then why arent these free games? http://store.steampowered.com/freestuff/demos/
Those are just demos, barely any of the content of the game.

This allows you to play what nearly all people play... for free. This one is the most fun one..
No one really play the other stages, at all. You're not missing much, at all.

"In the new Free Admission Edition, Dungeonland’s colorful “DM Tower” stage will be available to all players free of charge, in both normal play and in DM Mode – where one player commands the park and its inhabitants against three “friends” they would like to slaughter. Three additional stages, the “Cannibal Kingdom,” “Arcane Kingdom,” and “Infinite Dungeon,” will be available by purchasing the in-game “All-access Pass.” Current owners of Dungeonland will be upgraded to the All-access pass for free, and all existing gift copies of Dungeonland will include the pass as well."
MasterZalm Apr 17 @ 7:16pm 
so....1 of the four stages is free, but the other 3 stages I have to pay for. That sounds like a majority(75%) of the game content has to be paid for. How is that free again?
Last edited by MasterZalm; Apr 17 @ 7:16pm
kingj0n Apr 17 @ 7:26pm 
Originally posted by MasterZalm:
so....1 of the four stages is free, but the other 3 stages I have to pay for. That sounds like a majority(75%) of the game content has to be paid for. How is that free again?
Think of the other stages no one plays as DLCs....

I really wish you had the ability to comprehend.
MasterZalm Apr 17 @ 7:39pm 
You and the devs have both said that the original game came with 4 maps, and that you get one for free. You have to buy the rest. I wish you could comprehend that what that means is thats this is a demo. You only get 1/4th of the game for free. They have dlc for this game, and you have to buy it, and thats fine, but the fact that you dont get the whole game for free like nearly every other free game means that its not free.

25% of a game free and 75% bought means you got a demo for free, and bought the rest. If I give you one slice of cake for free and said you got a whole cake for free, would you believe me?
kingj0n Apr 17 @ 7:42pm 
Originally posted by MasterZalm:
You and the devs have both said that the original game came with 4 maps, and that you get one for free. You have to buy the rest. I wish you could comprehend that what that means is thats this is a demo. You only get 1/4th of the game for free. They have dlc for this game, and you have to buy it, and thats fine, but the fact that you dont get the whole game for free like nearly every other free game means that its not free.

25% of a game free and 75% bought means you got a demo for free, and bought the rest. If I give you one slice of cake for free and said you got a whole cake for free, would you believe me?
Just because an arena is not open to you does not mean it's 25% or whatever.
You get pretty much everything, just not a few little maps no one plays.
So you're losing out on 5-10% of content.

It's not a demo.
MasterZalm Apr 17 @ 7:46pm 
1/4 is now 5-10%? when did this change? I thought it was 25% of 100% when you got 1 out of 4.

And it is a demo. You only get 1 stage to play on out of 4. Just because no one plays on it doesnt mean its less content. its still 3 whole maps that you should get free with the free to play model, but you dont. You have to buy the other 3 maps.
kingj0n Apr 17 @ 7:59pm 
Originally posted by MasterZalm:
1/4 is now 5-10%? when did this change? I thought it was 25% of 100% when you got 1 out of 4.

And it is a demo. You only get 1 stage to play on out of 4. Just because no one plays on it doesnt mean its less content. its still 3 whole maps that you should get free with the free to play model, but you dont. You have to buy the other 3 maps.
A stage isn't the content.
If they removed all the other stuff, you'll have just have a huge empty stage with nothing else.
It's not a demo.


I'll give you an example so you can hopefully understand.

I have a box and there are 4 slices in there. It has 5 sections.
The sections are empty.
Those are the arena maps.

I have all this candy to fill it, but I will not.
Those expty spaces are prolly about 5-10% of everything or less.

I'm going to fill up just 1 of those spaces with everything.
Bam, that's what you pretty much have free.

MasterZalm Apr 17 @ 8:06pm 
so the 1/4 is 5-10% for you....I wonder how you do with money, since you cant tell the difference between a quater and a nickle/dime.

It is a demo when you are only getting a portion of the base game. If you get a deck of playing cards, and only get the 13 heart cards, is that going to be a full deck? You only need one of each, so they only gave 1 suit of cards, you have to buy the rest. You can still play card games with one suit of cards.
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50