I completed original Dead Island in 32h, i made tons of side quests, cus i liked game very much, but dead island riptide isnt as good and it feels more like rip off, to get your money.
Here comes short list that i didnt like in riptide.
1. Repeative quests that include:
- stupid dead zone quests - travel to location and kill pack of zombies + elite zombie and thats it...boring.
- stupid defende location against attack of zombies quests...again boring.
- stupid quests where you meet person attacked my zombies, you kill zombies and quests done...boring again.
There is tons of these quests which is extremely boring.
- you spent most of the time under the sky, it destroys atmosphere for me
- also feels that you cant freely travel to your location in city area, but there is always some route to go forwad, sucks.
Riptide feels more like action game with no atmosphere and i dont like it (just my personal opinion)
Also i completed this game in 20 hours and i rlly did all side quests that i got, thou there was one time when characters had 3 quests and i tryed to accept them many times but i never got them, then i told myself "♥♥♥♥ this game" and continued storyline.
Anyways, I STILL RECOMMEND THIS GAME FOR DEAD ISLAND FANS but unfortunatly this game doesnt feel as good as original which leaves me bad taste in mouth and makes me very suspicious about Dead Island 2.
If they make Dead Island 2 like Riptide, i think i might not buy it.