I'm the original author of Dead Island Helper. In the past week I've received a bunch of emails asking me to update the tool for Riptide and so, that's what I've done!Download Dead Island: Riptide Helper
This is a separate program to Dead Island Helper. I thought it best to make unique tools for each game to eliminate any confusion.What does Dead Island: Riptide Helper do?
Please note this is a beta release
- Fixes keyboard-related micro-stuttering.
- Unbind / rebind hard-coded controls (Use, firearm melee, mousewheel, throw special, charge, etc).
- Change the field-of-view (FOV).
- Disable various visual effects including motion blur, bloom, SSAO, weapon refraction and more.
- Launch Dead Island: Riptide with intro movies disabled.
- Disable event logging, which can improve load times and reduce stuttering (v1.2).
- Enable SMAA (Subpixel Morphological Anti-Aliasing). Uses Andrej Dudenhefner's injectSMAA: http://mrhaandi.blogspot.com.au/p/injectsmaa.html (1.2).
- Change audio APIs, which can help with crackling audio.
- Boost NPC voice volume.
- Auto-terminate the "Berkelium" background process, which can improve performance (1.21).
- Various other shortcuts, tweaks and improvements.
-- I'm still trying to figure out exactly what tweaks still work and which need to be updated. "Overcast weather", for instance, doesn't seem to do anything in Riptide from my limited testing, though I've left the option visible so people can test it themselves.
Most of the other tweaks just required updating their line positions in the internal files.
If you have an issues, the best thing you can do is leave a comment on my website
, that way I don't have to traverse the internet looking for bug reports and suggestions! :)Regarding the new splash screen in Dead Island: Riptide Helper:
Just select either of the two options and it won't appear again.If you'd like to show your support for the Helper, just give Zafehouse: Diaries over on Greenlight a thumbs-up.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97230840