MapleStory

MapleStory

View Stats:
MapleStory > General Discussions > Topic Details
lapras Nov 25, 2012 @ 7:24am
A question on nexon accounts on steam?
Is your nexon account and only YOUR nexon account able to access the game? I tried to to go on my friend's account on it and it wont let me erase my nexon email to enter his. Is there another way I can?

Steam is the only way I can play Maplestory because I keep getting an error when I install it from the nexon site.
Last edited by lapras; Dec 20, 2015 @ 1:48pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Koffie★ Nov 25, 2012 @ 11:16am 
I'm pretty sure you can't change it. Once you connect your Nexon account for the first time with Steam it said something about that you can only link one Nexon account with one Steam account and once linked you can't change it.

You can find the install folder for MapleStory in your Steam folder (Steam\steamapps\common\MapleStory), then run GameLauncher.exe that way you should be able to play Maple with another Nexon account.
lapras Nov 30, 2012 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by Koffie:

You can find the install folder for MapleStory in your Steam folder (Steam\steamapps\common\MapleStory), then run GameLauncher.exe that way you should be able to play Maple with another Nexon account.

That helps alot, thank you. (:
PandaPaw Jan 22, 2013 @ 6:00pm 
I have actually downloaded Mabinogi on steam, and i put in an account i forgot the password, and forgot it, cant reset it, So i go back to change it, The email is stuck in the nexus login, and it wont go away no matter what, Just asking, Does that same thing work with mabinogi?
PandaPaw Jan 22, 2013 @ 6:06pm 
im on Steam/Steammaps/Common/mabinogi
NeoSanguine Jan 22, 2013 @ 6:58pm 
It asks me for my pw and email everytime I start it.. its kinda annoying.. How can I get it to like to my steam acc?
Koffie★ Jan 23, 2013 @ 8:35am 
Originally posted by claricea4tyi:
I have actually downloaded Mabinogi on steam, and i put in an account i forgot the password, and forgot it, cant reset it, So i go back to change it, The email is stuck in the nexus login, and it wont go away no matter what, Just asking, Does that same thing work with mabinogi?
Yes it's the same thing with Mabinogi, so I'm afraid you will have to contact Nexon support to reset the password of your Nexon account.

Originally posted by NeoSanguine:
It asks me for my pw and email everytime I start it.. its kinda annoying.. How can I get it to like to my steam acc?
The pop up with the email & password field appears every time you start a Nexon game through Steam, so that's normal.
But it should automatically enter your email in the field, which means your Nexon account is linked to your Steam account.
So unless Nexon/Steam changes it so that it remembers your password you will have to enter it every time.
Last edited by Koffie★; Jan 23, 2013 @ 8:37am
PandaPaw Jan 23, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
for email I accidently put Hotmail.com when its live.com, How do i change it though?
Last edited by PandaPaw; Jan 23, 2013 @ 2:23pm
PandaPaw Jan 23, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
I used: Game launcher, still stuck, Go on steam click Play now, Still stuck... I cant erase the email!!! when i go on Steam, Steammaps, common, Mabinogi it doesnt have Gamelauncher.exe
Last edited by PandaPaw; Jan 23, 2013 @ 2:21pm
Koffie★ Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
Originally posted by PandaPaw:
for email I accidently put Hotmail.com when its live.com, How do i change it though?
I would suggest contacting Steam support explaining the situation and ask if they can help or change it for you because you accidentally put the wrong email.
FEMA Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:09am 
You can't change it. Your Steam account and Nexon account will be forever linked.
Atori Feb 6, 2013 @ 12:37pm 
So stupid how they did it this way.
Vraela Apr 13, 2013 @ 4:46pm 
Thanks.
Shizzle Jun 8, 2013 @ 1:02pm 
Same here, I'm stuck.... Im gona have to ask steam support to reset it or something
hadenoxford1 Jun 11, 2013 @ 4:48pm 
start your game from maplestory.com you can us any email account
Meatalgear Jun 14, 2013 @ 7:40pm 
i spelt my email wrong and now i can play it because i cant change it or make a new one.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

MapleStory > General Discussions > Topic Details