Posted: December 18
I'm a avid fan of dinosaurs, have been since preschool honestly. So perhaps my review is a bit bias?? Mayhaps? Welp, I'm not instantly in love with every dino related thing that comes out. There is a lot that can go wrong. so some pros and cons.
1) The dinosaurs have skills and powers that fit with what it is. The animation of these is terrific. I'v been charged at when I was a human and punted around. It feels smooth and not wonky and awkward so when your a raptor pouncing on someone there isn't this a awkward glitchy *waiting for animation to line up* thing that you might get from other games. Which makes it feel more epic and fluid. Also, they don't needlessly have guns attached like in other titles since well lets face it they are pretty badass without them.
2) Yeh I like dinosaurs, and I like playing as the dinosaurs but I legitmentally enjoyed playing both sides. I was concerned that I'd be upset at playing the humans because I'd be waiting to switch sides. Not the case at all. It was really thrilling to be running around, hiding and hunting and really fun to try to kill these beasts. The balence is really great and far too often games like this would tip the scale to make the humans stronger to stand a chance but no everything feels accurate.
3) This is sort of a mix of TF2/CSGO/Jurassic Park, I found out about this when I was playing CSGO and had an idea of, 'wouldn't it be great if like the entire Terrorist Side was replaced by Raptors?' And to my delight someone says 'that exists'! If you want to, join or host a server with your friends. Play as all raptors if you wanted.
4) NOMNOMNOM! Pouncing, teamwork and straight up clever girl moments. I <3 it.
1) I'v only played about an hour so far but had trouble figureing out some of the controls. My poor little Pteranodon floundered around like a wounded bird for a little while, honestly I expected it to glide. It was still fun, but yeh spend a little bit of time to play with the controls before you judge it. I have a feeling some people just didn't bother to learn before they reviewed. They aren't difficult honestly, just don't expect any tutorials. Also, I'v seen people do things that I can't figure out how to do. Not sure if it is controls related or dlcs.
2) uuuuh... Maybe more dinos? This isn't a con really, there are only 5 but I think a lot can be done and who knows maybe it can but I haven't explored that far. But yeh like host a server and change up what type of dinos are allowed of a like pick 5 from a list of 20. Or even limit it to 1 type. Who knows, maybe future updates but either way awesome the way it is.
3) Would be nice if you could earn skins or gear from in game. Like earn points per kill or even a drop system like csgo. I'm not a huge fan of buying dlc's for that, but I don't feel it is pay to win or anything so I'm putting it as a minor offence.
4) Would love the option to first person as the dinos. 3rd person is nice and all for the epic jumps and animation but still would like to toggle between the two options. Heck they could even use it to nerf a trex by giving it motion based vision.
I'v glanced at some other reviews and not sure why people would not recommend this. So take those with a grain of salt. It's pretty clear about what it is on the tin, so if you aren't into that then well move on.