Posted: May 31
Ok, here is the review. Keep in mind that I love adventure games.
- VOICE ACTING: It's really great. The wide use of accents suits this game really good. Loved Wilburs voice.
- ITS FUNNY: And also filled with references of all kinds (especially Monkey Island)
- ITS PRETTY: The backgrounds and characters are colorful and detailed, and suits the game.
- THE CHARACTERS: And by that I mean Wilbur (did I mentioned that I loved Wilbur?)
- THE STORY: It´s okay, and the end was a little unfulfilling and abrupt.
- ITS EASY: Oversimplified item usage. Only the combinations that make sense (for the game) are available, and the items in the background are no longer "visible" once they are used or their funny description has been said.
- A LITTLE PIXEL (or object) HUNTING: Just a couple of obscure items almost ruined it for me (hint: both are in the crypt) (UPDATE: After reading other reviews I just found out that holding the space bar highlight all items, which may be nice, but may ruin the experience)
- UNNECESSARY FLESH: Speaking as a heterosexual male, the elf (Ivo) is unnecessarily sexualized (barely any clothes on), and it doesn´t do a great job at it either.
Not the greatest in terms of the gameplay part, but the dialogs and characters make up for all of the above