Upplagd: 13 december
Despite an impressive production and jokes that actually put a smile on my face, most of the game dragged on due to slow unskippable walking. 90% of playing time is spent watching your character walk. That and countless tedious "3 tasks" quests around a shallow story almost made me quit, and I played on out of stubbornness, already decided on a negative review. Fortunately, the game picked up quite a bit in the last chapter, and I'm left with slightly more reasons to recommend it than not, so a close-call thumbs-up here.
- Great art, great music, great dialogue writing, great voice acting.
- The jokes and references are really well done.
- Last 20% is better than the rest.
- Character movement is painfully slow! Any walking sequence becomes an unskippable maddening slow drag.
- Not too much of a story.
- Too many tedious "complete 3 tasks" puzzle quests.
- Too many linear dependencies where the solution is to try something again that wasn't working before.
- No way to pause the many long cutscenes and conversation sequences. Really sucks if you're interrupted.