Sir Soarin Mar 26 @ 4:37pm
Are england ment to be bad
I useally play as romans or spartans but i wanted to play as the british people beacuse I'm british, but are they ment to be this ♥♥♥♥, they flee the battle so fast, they are so weak playing defencive and a ♥♥♥♥ty army pool, i want to play as them but they just fell so ♥♥♥♥ compaired to rome and sparta
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
DeathMarch Mar 26 @ 4:45pm 
You realize modern British are closer related to Gauls/Germans than the Iceni. They are weak to pose a better challenge to experienced Tw players, Romans are like the beginner Faction.
Craphousebarney Mar 26 @ 4:47pm 
Indeed they are weaker compared to Sparta and Rome. Did you ever play a barbarian faction ? They do play a bit differently. I played them too and I can tell you it is possible. :)
They are a challange really, you will notice when you fight against the greeks. You need to run around a lot, flank a lot. they are fast and flexible like a big horde. Take that as a advantage.
You will notice that the "endgame" units are lot better and will hold your fronts like you want it to be.
Craphousebarney Mar 26 @ 4:49pm 
Good luck anyway. Iceni look like beasts with the color and bodypaint, love them.
Sir Soarin Mar 26 @ 4:50pm 
I know but rome i can conqure the hole world with no problem but Iceni seems super weak, dieing easy, or fleeing the battle in no time, i place them in a fort, and in sheild wall formation and they still run like babies in a matter of seconds, I flank and i use fort more often playing them but useally the force which is under attack runs before the flank team can attack
LoveCake Mar 26 @ 4:51pm 
Iceni is one of the easiet faction to win with due to its location by the time you need to fught romans you have nobles or painted who are doing very well to say least but till then barbarians are easy target as Crap said they are different in a way you play but deffo not hard.
Craphousebarney Mar 26 @ 4:52pm 
Originally posted by Shadowhooves:
I know but rome i can conqure the hole world with no problem but Iceni seems super weak, dieing easy, or fleeing the battle in no time, i place them in a fort, and in sheild wall formation and they still run like babies in a matter of seconds, I flank and i use fort more often playing them but useally the force which is under attack runs before the flank team can attack

How far did you get, which soldiers do you use at the moment ? You have to understand that between Rome and Iceni there is a huuuge difference in like everything. Iceni you have to be a lot more moving. Try running arround the enemy. You should be able to defeat your barabrian enemys with easier tactics but do move more clever against greeks and romesn :) I hope I could help a bit.
Last edited by Craphousebarney; Mar 26 @ 4:54pm
The Gerbil Mar 26 @ 4:55pm 
I like playing with the Iceni a lot. You need to get Levy Spearmen out of your army as quick as possible though (Light Horse too), they are completely useless. Their Sword Band is a decent cheap attack unit, but their more advanced melee units are quite effective.

If you're having units break quickly, try keeping some Druidic Nobles in each army. They have a great morale boosting Chant ability.
Sir Soarin Mar 26 @ 4:56pm 
yea but for me i play on hard and every faction is at war with me, meaning i have so many armies attacking me, so if my main force is down south muiltables forces attack me 2v1 army battles, im outnumbered and even if i do win and fight back there cities have like 3-4 armies defending it meaning i can't expand
Craphousebarney Mar 26 @ 4:58pm 
Originally posted by Shadowhooves:
yea but for me i play on hard and every faction is at war with me, meaning i have so many armies attacking me, so if my main force is down south muiltables forces attack me 2v1 army battles, im outnumbered and even if i do win and fight back there cities have like 3-4 armies defending it meaning i can't expand

Try to be a bit more passive then and work hard on your relationships with other factions before making a move. :)
Last edited by Craphousebarney; Mar 26 @ 5:00pm
Sir Soarin Mar 26 @ 5:00pm 
but this all happens withing 5 turns, no one will trade beacuse i have no goods, and if i was given anon agressive pack where they ask me to pay and i do 2-3 turns later they cansel the agreement then 2 turns later they war on me
Craphousebarney Mar 26 @ 5:00pm 
It is possible. i play as Galatia (barbarian faction) on very hard surronded by greeks and easters powers right at the beginning. I did get a lot of land and I am now freinds with nearly all and now fighting Carthage together with the Romans! :D Just try to take it easy.
Last edited by Craphousebarney; Mar 26 @ 5:01pm
mak58 Mar 26 @ 5:01pm 
Try & upgrade to chosen spear band & chosen sword band as soon as possible, & right at the beggining of your campaign put an agent in your best army (military traing & leave him/her in there) if your agent dies replace with another, spear band to hold the line, swords to slice thru, chariots/horse to hit the rear
Craphousebarney Mar 26 @ 5:01pm 
Originally posted by Shadowhooves:
but this all happens withing 5 turns, no one will trade beacuse i have no goods, and if i was given anon agressive pack where they ask me to pay and i do 2-3 turns later they cansel the agreement then 2 turns later they war on me

You can try to get friends with the faction on the left corner. They should trade with you.
Sir Soarin Mar 26 @ 5:03pm 
you mean the bottom left? no there the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s who keep going to war with me before i even start my invastion of the army who war against me from the start
Craphousebarney Mar 26 @ 5:03pm 
Originally posted by Shadowhooves:
you mean the bottom left? no there the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s who keep going to war with me before i even start my invastion of the army who war against me from the start

Well they did trade wiht me :D Are they really attacking you at your base, or do you lose the fight on open field ?
Last edited by Craphousebarney; Mar 26 @ 5:04pm
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 26 @ 4:37pm
Posts: 26