cokemanjr Aug 21, 2014 @ 11:47pm
Ai to many skirmishers
please anyone know of any way or any mod of reducing the amount of skirmishers the ai makes its no fun chasing armies of skirmisher just to watch them be chased around the map or when sieging castles your guys go through the gate and get pummeled with javalins from evey direction
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Keiser Soze Aug 22, 2014 @ 12:21am 
The Radious battle mode is a good choice...
Blasted Aug 22, 2014 @ 12:26am 
Recruiting at least 2-3 of any type of cavalry works more often than not.
cokemanjr Aug 22, 2014 @ 12:30am 
no its just even when you charge the ai they imediatly start running away lets say they have more then 3 skirmishers and you only have 4 calvarly even if you chase one the other one start throwing you javalins at the vbacks of calvarly for extra damage
Blasted Aug 22, 2014 @ 12:33am 
For me its all about the formation i always put my range out first to draw fire away from my other units then when my basic infantry get close enough and chase away the ranged i swing my cav on each side and pincer them and try and make them scatter, even if dont get them all of them they were at least distracted enough for my main force to take out the rest of their main body and i usually always win this way.
Originally posted by cokemanjr:
no its just even when you charge the ai they imediatly start running away lets say they have more then 3 skirmishers and you only have 4 calvarly even if you chase one the other one start throwing you javalins at the vbacks of calvarly for extra damage
Last edited by Blasted; Aug 22, 2014 @ 12:34am
Heinrich Himmler Aug 22, 2014 @ 1:42am 
Originally posted by Los hijos de Dan:
The Radious battle mode is a good choice...
Cyber Aug 22, 2014 @ 2:04am 
Cavalry
Hawky Aug 22, 2014 @ 2:40am 
i know the feeling man, skirmishers are boring and they are way too easy to kill with cavalry, it just makes it too easy to defeat the AI simply because the AI always rush up its main body of infantry and leaves its skirmishers defenceless everytime. Peace <3
triarii`δύσφορος Aug 22, 2014 @ 2:42am 
Check one of these mods:
Better AI Recruitment by Litharion
or
Elite & Balanced Enemies (Ver.1) by Phalangitis
Last edited by triarii`δύσφορος; Aug 22, 2014 @ 2:43am
bruva kitteh Aug 22, 2014 @ 2:47am 
yea its like shogun 2 all over again, ai rocks up with army of ashi bow men!
gah
if modders MODDERS can fix this stuff why cant the people paid to fix it fix it?!
mfw is my dp <-
Angry Apple Aug 22, 2014 @ 3:34am 
Originally posted by cokemanjr:
please anyone know of any way or any mod of reducing the amount of skirmishers the ai makes its no fun chasing armies of skirmisher just to watch them be chased around the map or when sieging castles your guys go through the gate and get pummeled with javalins from evey direction

i dont know why this would be a bad thing. as far as i know you're just whining the game is too hard because the AI uses a tactic that apparently works.
why dont you stop whining and actually counter this tactic, it can be done in many ways.
in land battles its easy, just have enough cav too chase them down or pick them of, and if you dont have (enough) cav, you can still surround the enemy as fast as possible so the skirmishers cant escape. in siege battles its a bit more difficult, but i guess if you'd use some galleries to protect your better units and then just destroy the gate and climb the walls, it shouldnt rly be hard.
bruva kitteh Aug 22, 2014 @ 3:57am 
Originally posted by Hawky:
i know the feeling man, skirmishers are boring and they are way too easy to kill with cavalry, it just makes it too easy to defeat the AI simply because the AI always rush up its main body of infantry and leaves its skirmishers defenceless everytime. Peace <3

>



Originally posted by Angry Apple:
Originally posted by cokemanjr:

i dont know why this would be a bad thing. as far as i know you're just whining the game is too hard because the AI uses a tactic that apparently works.
.

they said its easy not hard...
Pumis (Banned) Aug 22, 2014 @ 4:14am 
It depends on what faction you are fighting against. But as some people said just buy cav or siege equipment.
Angry Apple Aug 22, 2014 @ 4:25am 
Originally posted by Æ:
Originally posted by Hawky:
i know the feeling man, skirmishers are boring and they are way too easy to kill with cavalry, it just makes it too easy to defeat the AI simply because the AI always rush up its main body of infantry and leaves its skirmishers defenceless everytime. Peace <3

>



Originally posted by Angry Apple:

they said its easy not hard...

i was responding to the OP, not to 'they'. 'getting pummeled with javelins from every direction' doesn't seem verry positive and 'easy' to me, does it.
and 'watching an army of skirmishers being chased around the map' also indicates that the OP is doing it quite wrong.
Last edited by Angry Apple; Aug 22, 2014 @ 7:02am
Blasted Aug 22, 2014 @ 6:02am 
Dude my fave faction for skirmishers are Odrysian Kingdom spam an equal length of peltasts to Thyracian Warriors :3 so much fun to watch their lines melt :3
SageHashirama Aug 22, 2014 @ 7:30am 
try Radious or Divide et Impera. those mods have reinforcment script that give AI type of units they historicly had otherwise AI will recruite the dumbest thing possible lol
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2014 @ 11:47pm
Posts: 19