The Total War: ROME II Mac Public BETA is now available to everyone who owns the PC version of Total War: ROME II via Steam Play. This Public BETA is of course free of charge!
Taking part is easy, Please ensure that your Mac meets the “System Requirements” below, and follow these instructions to get started:
1) Ensure that you have Steam installed on your Mac.
If Steam is not installed on your Mac:
1. Open your web browser and navigate to store.steampowered.com
2. Click on the "Install Steam" button at the top of the webpage.
3. Follow the steam instructions to install.
2) Log into Steam on your Mac using the same steam account which owns the PC version of Total War: ROME II.
3) You should now see “Total War: ROME II” in your steam games library on your Mac. Right-click this and select “Properties”.
4) In the Properties window, select the “BETAS” tab.
5) In the drop-down list that says “Select the beta you would like to opt into” please select “MacPublicBeta”.
6) Close the Properties window, and right-click “Total War: ROME II” app and select “Install Game”, or click the “Install” button with the “Total War: ROME II” app selected, and it will download and install for you.
7) Once the download is complete, simply launch “Total War: ROME II” to take part in the Total War: ROME II Mac Public BETA.System Requirements
To participate in the Total War: ROME II Mac Public BETA, please ensure that your Mac meets the following system requirements:Minimum Mac System Requirements:
OSX 10.7.5 Processor:
1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Graphics:
512 MB graphics card
ATI: Radeon HD 4850
NVidia: Geforce 640
Intel: HD 4000
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 Memory:
4 GB RAM
Hardrive Space: 25GB Recommended Mac System Requirements:
OSX 10.7.5 Processor:
2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater) Graphics:
1GB graphics card
NVidia 750 or better Memory:
Hard Drive Space: 25 GBUnsupported graphics chipsets for Mac: NVidia GeForce 9 series, NVidia GeForce 300 series, NVidia GeForce Quadro, AMD Radeon HD 4000 series, Radeon HD 2000 series.Known Issues
The Total War: ROME II Mac Public represents work in progress and as such, there are still some bugs that we are aware of. Below is a list of bugs that are present in this version of the Public BETA:
• The game will crash on exit for some users.
• Game preferences / settings will not be saved once the game is quit.
• Changing the “Shadows” settings to “Medium” or above, or “Terrain” setting above “High” will reduce frame rate noticeably on ATI graphics cards.
• The Capture Point Icons during Siege battles will be stuck in one area of the screen, overlapping each other.
If you find any other issues, please report these to us at: http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/205-Mac-Support