We just set the Beta to our Linux version live.
Please mind these known issues:
Please note that these issues are temporary and being worked upon!
* Open-source GPU drivers (Gallium rx00, radeonsi, Intel) may not work.
Those drivers may lack support for the necessary OpenGL extensions. For the
best experience we recommend the latest proprietary, vendor-supported GPU
After several hotfixes and additional testing we have revised our standpoint and
actually advise open-source drivers for all non-NVIDIA GPUs. Especially
if the proprietary ones crash for you!
* Loading times may be slow because of shader compilations.
Not much can be done about this because of the way the Unreal Engine 3
handles shaders. :(
* Loading screen movies have no sound.
* Game controllers have no force feedback.
* No multiplayer compatibility with Windows.
* Multiplayer host might crash when a client is trying to join.
This is a bug in the Steam Client fixed in the beta - if it happens, opt in
for the beta: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/1/864957817328247556/
You have to own Painkiller Hell & Damnation to get access to the Linux Beta version.
We would be glad for any relevant feedback. Thanks!