YoYo Games November Competition
The close of the October Steam Competition brings about the start of a whole new competition for the month of November and another chance to win $1000!
November’s competition is just as easy as October’s. Create a game with GameMaker: Studio then simply upload it to the GameMaker: Studio Steam Workshop with the tag “YoYoCompNov2012.”
So don’t delay, the November deadline is December 1.
1. These Rules defined below apply to the YoYo Games Ltd.’s November Steam Workshop Competition.
2. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules. In addition, all entrants are required to comply with the GameMaker EULA.
3. YoYo Games reserves the right to cancel or amend Competitions or the Rules at its sole discretion.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of YoYo Games shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. YoYo Games reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Rules.
6. YoYo Games does not guarantee to use any entry. YoYo Games may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that it considers may be legally or otherwise problematic.
7. By entering the Competition entrants are also confirming that they own the rights to or have permission for all work submitted and any violation of this disqualifies them from the competition.
8. The competition Start Date is 11 a.m. GMT Thursday November 1, 2012.
9. The competition Closing Date is 11 a.m. GMT Saturday December1, 2012.
10. The competition Judging Period is from 11 a.m. GMT Saturday, December 1, 2012 to 11 a.m. GMT Saturday December 8, 2012.
11. Entries can be created using any version of GameMaker: Studio (Free, Standard or Professional) and no proof of purchase necessary.
12. The prize of $1000 (USD) will be awarded to the sole winner of the competition.
13. If the entry was made in a team, the person who submits the game will be responsible for any prize sharing.
14. YoYo Games employees are not eligible to enter the competition.
15. All entrants must be over the age of 18.
16. There is no limit to the number of entries an entrant can submit.
17. Each game can only be entered once and, even if it does not win, cannot enter into the competition again for of the following months.
18. In order to participate in the competition you must create a game using GameMaker: Studio and upload it to the GameMaker: Studio Steam Workshop.
19. All entries must abide by the Steam Workshop Contribution Agreement.
20. All entries must be made public.
21. All entries must have the description tag “YoYoCompNov2012”.
22. Any updates to the entries after the closing time/date will disqualify the entry.
23. The winner will be notified by YoYo Games Ltd. within one calendar week of judging being closed.
24. Competition winners will be announced via the Announcements sub forum of the GameMaker: Studio Discussions forum.
25. On December 1, 2012 all entries will be added to the “YoYo November Competition 2012” collection in the GameMaker: Studio Steam Workshop. There will then be a period of one week (Judging Period) where the community can rate each game. At the end of this week ( December 8, 2012) YoYo Games will decide on the winner using each games overall rating as a guide.