YoYo Games Steam Workshop Competitions
To celebrate the release of GameMaker: Studio on Steam and to inspire our new community we are announcing that over the coming months we will be running a series of Game Making competitions.
Months October, November and December of 2012 will each have a competition where the best game, decided by both the Steam GameMaker: Studio community and YoYo Games, will win $1000 (USD)!
To enter the competition all you have to do is create a game in GameMaker: Studio and upload it to the GameMaker: Studio Steam Workshop with the current months competition tag (“YoYoCompOct2012”, etc).
So if you have a great game idea, make sure and submit your entries before the 1st of November for a chance to win $1000!
1. These Rules defined below apply to the YoYo Games Ltd.’s October Steam Workshop Competition.
2. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules. In addition, all entrants are required to comply with the GameMaker EULA.
3. YoYo Games reserves the right to cancel or amend Competitions or the Rules at its sole discretion.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of YoYo Games shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. YoYo Games reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Rules.
6. YoYo Games does not guarantee to use any entry. YoYo Games may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that it considers may be legally or otherwise problematic.
7. By entering the Competition entrants are also confirming that they own the rights to or have permission for all work submitted and any violation of this disqualifies them from the competition.
8. The competition Start Date is 11am GMT Tuesday the 9th of October 2012.
9. The competition Closing Date is 11am GMT Thursday 1st of November 2012.
10. The competition Judging Period is from 11am GMT Thursday 1st of November 2012 to 11am GMT Thursday 8th of November.
11. Entries can be created using any version of GameMaker: Studio (Free, Standard or Professional) and no proof of purchase necessary.
12. The prize of $1000 (USD) will be awarded to the sole winner of the competition.
13. If the entry was made in a team, the person who submits the game will be responsible for any prize sharing.
14. YoYo Games employees are not eligible to enter the competition.
15. All entrants must be over the age of 18.
16. There is no limit to the number of entries an entrant can submit.
17. Each game can only be entered once and, even if it does not win, cannot enter into the competition again for of the following months.
18. In order to participate in the competition you must create a game using GameMaker: Studio and upload it to the GameMaker: Studio Steam Workshop.
19. All entries must abide by the Steam Workshop Contribution Agreement.
20. All entries must be made public.
21. All entries must have the description tag “YoYoCompOct2012”.
22. Any updates to the entries after the closing time/date will disqualify the entry.
23. The winner will be notified by YoYo Games Ltd. Within one calendar week of judging being closed.
24. Competition winners will be announced via the Announcements sub forum of the GameMaker: Studio Discussions forum.
25. On the 1st of November 2012 all entries will be added to the “YoYo October Competition 2012” collection in the GameMaker: Studio Steam Workshop. There will then be a period of one week (Judging Period) where the community can rate each game. At the end of this week (8th November 2012) YoYo Games will decide on the winner using each games overall rating as a guide.