Magic 2014 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Rebel Ravage Jun 29, 2013 @ 12:06pm
Good Builds for Enter the Dracomancer?
Any ideas, guys?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Ananisapta Jun 29, 2013 @ 7:38pm 
I stomped all over Enter the Dracomancer with Chant of the Mul Daya, without any attempt to fine-tune the deck and with 8 cards unlocked. I might have just been lucky, as I'm not a very good player, but despite being a little touch-and-go at the beginning the moment I got one of the Annihilator creatures on the field his defenses collapsed like a wet paper bag.
Toph Jun 29, 2013 @ 8:28pm 
Originally posted by Ananisapta:
I stomped all over Enter the Dracomancer with Chant of the Mul Daya, without any attempt to fine-tune the deck and with 8 cards unlocked. I might have just been lucky, as I'm not a very good player, but despite being a little touch-and-go at the beginning the moment I got one of the Annihilator creatures on the field his defenses collapsed like a wet paper bag.

i dont think that's what op is asking.
Ice Water Jun 29, 2013 @ 8:36pm 
i took out all the cards with green, because

1) there were only like 6 cards with forests in their converted mana costs
2) a duel color deck is a heck of a lot easier to control than a tri colored one

if you feel clingy to the cards like the overlord one you could always just keep like one or two greens in your mana pool

thats just me, do whatever works for you
Ananisapta Jun 29, 2013 @ 9:06pm 
Originally posted by Toph:
Originally posted by Ananisapta:
I stomped all over Enter the Dracomancer with Chant of the Mul Daya, without any attempt to fine-tune the deck and with 8 cards unlocked. I might have just been lucky, as I'm not a very good player, but despite being a little touch-and-go at the beginning the moment I got one of the Annihilator creatures on the field his defenses collapsed like a wet paper bag.

i dont think that's what op is asking.


Ah, I see - ambigous wording. I just assumed it was good builds 'against' that deck since help against specific decks were what most of the other topics were about.
NunsWithGunsOP Jun 29, 2013 @ 9:37pm 
IMO, unlock the rare and mythic rare dragons. The basis of the deck is either to swarm with your weenies and have get eaten by your 3 drop hellkite so it gets massively huge with chump blockers on the ground. Or just keep generating mana and hope you get to your creatures. 3 mana color decks in the game are much slower and less inconsistent. But compared to the sliver deck, at least the dracomancer deck has beatstick flyers that can also attack the turn you summon them.
Best Protagonist Jun 29, 2013 @ 10:23pm 
Originally posted by PieInTheSkyV:
i took out all the cards with green, because

1) there were only like 6 cards with forests in their converted mana costs
2) a duel color deck is a heck of a lot easier to control than a tri colored one

if you feel clingy to the cards like the overlord one you could always just keep like one or two greens in your mana pool

thats just me, do whatever works for you

See I took out black because green is used for ramping to larger creatures and devour fodder, also black is in even fewer cards. This deck could honestly be mono red and pull it off.
Rebel Ravage Jun 30, 2013 @ 10:47am 
Hm, interesting opinions guys, thanks!
A Puzzlemint of Legend Jun 30, 2013 @ 10:57am 
The problem with taking out the black cards is that they're some of the best in the deck.

A well-timed Jund Charm can wreck Humans, Illusions, and Zombies (aka the three strongest decks in the game), Maelstrom Pulse is one of the only cards that can potentially deal with Lord of the Unreal + Phantasmal Image copying Lord of the Unreal, and Broodmate Dragon is 8 Flying P/T over two bodies for six mana, which is almost Titan-level efficiency.

None of them require more than one swamp, and with the green ramp package, you should never have any trouble getting one.
Taking out any of the colors makes the deck significantly weaker.
Gameset Jun 30, 2013 @ 2:40pm 
There are many decks that can beat the dracomancer. I had some luck with a partially unlocked Hunter's Strength deck. Pray Upon and Hunt the Weak are good paired with the efficient green creatures. For fully unlocked ones the blue aggro and the black aggro are strong builds.
Best Protagonist Jun 30, 2013 @ 3:19pm 
Originally posted by Gameset:
There are many decks that can beat the dracomancer. I had some luck with a partially unlocked Hunter's Strength deck. Pray Upon and Hunt the Weak are good paired with the efficient green creatures. For fully unlocked ones the blue aggro and the black aggro are strong builds.
He was asking for what a good build use for the deck, not against it.


Originally posted by To The Puzzlemoon:
The problem with taking out the black cards is that they're some of the best in the deck.

A well-timed Jund Charm can wreck Humans, Illusions, and Zombies (aka the three strongest decks in the game), Maelstrom Pulse is one of the only cards that can potentially deal with Lord of the Unreal + Phantasmal Image copying Lord of the Unreal, and Broodmate Dragon is 8 Flying P/T over two bodies for six mana, which is almost Titan-level efficiency.

None of them require more than one swamp, and with the green ramp package, you should never have any trouble getting one.
Taking out any of the colors makes the deck significantly weaker.
The charms are honestly the only thing I miss. Also this is my favoirte version simply because you can take all of a color out of a deck if you want.
A Puzzlemint of Legend Jun 30, 2013 @ 3:42pm 
Originally posted by Zombie Freak:
The charms are honestly the only thing I miss. Also this is my favoirte version simply because you can take all of a color out of a deck if you want.
You could do that as far back as D12, as long as the deck still had enough cards left.

Monogreen Elves, Monowhite March to War, and UB Machinations all saw a good amount of play.
Jolly Jumper Jul 9, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
18 mana only and the rest you can figure out how to play :P
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 29, 2013 @ 12:06pm
Posts: 12