hasoon1 Sep 19, 2012 @ 6:54pm
SPOILER ALERT *** Unlock All Ships (Hack)
This is a "How To" unlock all 9x (TypeA) ships in game by hacking your "prof.sav" file.
if you do not like the idea, then fine, here is wiki link for how to unlock them in game:
http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Ships

SPOILER ALERT

Warning: This will reset all your stats/achievement/unlock

Steps:
1) go to "C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\My Games\FasterThanLight"
2) backup your "prof.sav" file (zip/rar/rename it or make a copy somewhere else)
3) Delete your "prof.sav" file
4) run the game then close it - (do not start a new game).
5) use any hex file editing tool (I used UltraEdit, u can download a demo version to do it)
6) modify the file (the first three lines):

From:
04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

To:
04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

each "1" you add represent a ship unlock for a total of nine.

7) save the file and then run the game

Note: to rollback just close the game and overwrite "prof.sav" with your backup.

Enjoy.... and try to unlock TypeB ships in game, use the wiki guide above!
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
LastSide Sep 19, 2012 @ 7:43pm 
Nice. I'll be trying it out!

Just watched a video on how to unlock them... dont know why they made the unlocking ships so obscure to do, and random.
LastSide Sep 19, 2012 @ 7:54pm 
Found a link. You can youtube it for the video.
zGeneral Sep 20, 2012 @ 9:44am 
It worked, thanks
Man, the zolton ship is very intresting, it comes with 3 crew members that can provide power to occupied systems!!!!!!!! that is so cool. trying it out
Mr. Fishy Sep 20, 2012 @ 1:27pm 
Eh the way you get the zolton ship is much cooler than the actual ship, I got it without even reading about it and was like <3 this game is exactly what I want. The game basically told me as a player "You have made the right choice in this, your ideals are sound and you are a perfect person for making these choices. Here is a Zolton ship." If you don't want to experience the awesomeness thats fine. Just realize what you are losing.
Last edited by Mr. Fishy; Sep 20, 2012 @ 1:27pm
ALLCAPS Dec 22, 2012 @ 7:27pm 
does anyone know how to get free scrap/ammo?
B3AST*_*BOI Feb 11, 2013 @ 2:50pm 
Originally posted by =ibrium:
does anyone know how to get free scrap/ammo?
Use a trainer or use poke!
ALLCAPS Feb 13, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
thanks, I figured it out!
Cougarific Feb 13, 2013 @ 8:35pm 
Originally posted by Mr. Fishy:
If you don't want to experience the awesomeness thats fine. Just realize what you are losing.


What's funny is they're all about to realize that the starting ship is one of, if not THE, best ship in the game, and they just robbed themselves of all that enjoyment for no reason.
PurpleOwnz Feb 14, 2013 @ 2:55pm 
Originally posted by Cougarific:
Originally posted by Mr. Fishy:
If you don't want to experience the awesomeness thats fine. Just realize what you are losing.


What's funny is they're all about to realize that the starting ship is one of, if not THE, best ship in the game, and they just robbed themselves of all that enjoyment for no reason.
I was going to do this but now, I'm just going to enjoy the game it was made for.
JoshnPosh³ Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:59pm 
Originally posted by Mr. Fishy:
Eh the way you get the zolton ship is much cooler than the actual ship, I got it without even reading about it and was like <3 this game is exactly what I want. The game basically told me as a player "You have made the right choice in this, your ideals are sound and you are a perfect person for making these choices. Here is a Zolton ship." If you don't want to experience the awesomeness thats fine. Just realize what you are losing.
Youll still get the chances to get the ship it just wont be added to the Hanger since its already there
ALLCAPS Feb 14, 2013 @ 4:52pm 
Be that as it may, I'd still like to play with the crystal just to see what it's like, seeing as it's near impossible to unlock :\

None of the ships are better than the others, so that's balanced. I just like to find my own playstyle.
Mr Nasal Congestion Man Feb 26, 2013 @ 1:54pm 
I know what you're saying ibrium, but luckily for me, I got the Crystal Cruiser on my time when I tried to get it. I guess I was lucky. FYI, it's a pretty bad-♥♥♥ ship.
ALLCAPS Feb 27, 2013 @ 5:23pm 
totally agree passive, crystal cruiser is awesome. But that doesn't make it better than the kestrel :D
evinx Apr 4 @ 10:46am 
my save file starts with

09 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

do i have to do the same ?
spoderman Apr 4 @ 12:14pm 
Originally posted by hasoon1:
This is a "How To" unlock all 9x (TypeA) ships in game by hacking your "prof.sav" file.
if you do not like the idea, then fine, here is wiki link for how to unlock them in game:
http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Ships

SPOILER ALERT

Warning: This will reset all your stats/achievement/unlock

Steps:
1) go to "C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\My Games\FasterThanLight"
2) backup your "prof.sav" file (zip/rar/rename it or make a copy somewhere else)
3) Delete your "prof.sav" file
4) run the game then close it - (do not start a new game).
5) use any hex file editing tool (I used UltraEdit, u can download a demo version to do it)
6) modify the file (the first three lines):

From:
04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

To:
04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

each "1" you add represent a ship unlock for a total of nine.

7) save the file and then run the game

Note: to rollback just close the game and overwrite "prof.sav" with your backup.

Enjoy.... and try to unlock TypeB ships in game, use the wiki guide above!
does anyone know a post advanced edition one with type c and type b lanius?
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2012 @ 6:54pm
Posts: 16