Setting Up, Troubleshooting, Configuring and Optimizing the Game – Noob & Pro Guide
Everything you want to know about Setting Up, Configuring, Optimizing (Tweaking) and Troubleshooting the Game!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211622904
There are lots of information in this guide that you will find interesting! Solve the more common problems like "Configuration Tool Not Opening" or "Game Showing a Black Screen", set up and configure non Xbox360 Controllers in the game, take those annoying Black Bars away from your 16:10 screen, and even learn how to make your game look like this[screenshotcomparison.com]
in high end PC's!
(See below for some Interesting Images the guide has!)
# Here's a resumed Index of everything you can find in this guide!1 - Basic Configuration:
2 - Making the game run fast on Low/Mid-Range computers
- How to run the Configuration Tool
- Setting up your Direct Input (Non-Xbox360(Non Xinput)) Controller
3 - Improving Quality on High/Enthusiast-Range Computers
- Learning how every quality setting affects the game
- Finding the best resolution for your PC
- Finding the best Frame Rate Target
- Learning about and why Frame Capping is good contrary to popular believe
- Locking the game’s Frame Rate for a butter-smooth, console-like experience
4 - Other Tweaks and Improvements (High/Enthusiast-Range Computers only)
- Improving the game’s Graphical Quality (with picture samples!)
- How to Apply the Quality Settings on AMD/ATI Cards
- How to Apply the Quality Settings on Nvidia Cards
5 - Troubleshooting
- Taking out the Black Bars on non 16:9 Screen Resolutions
- Playing on Multiple Screens (Dual/Quad Screens) with Friends!
- Playing in Eyefinity
- Playing With 3D Vision
- Reducing Input Lag (experimental)
- Other Helpful Tweaks
- Preventing Frame Drops in Samba Studios / Sanctuary Falls
- Table of CPU Overclock Speeds you should target
- How to get 5FPS more without Overclocking
6 - Quick GPU Settings Table
- Minimum System Requirements
- Wrong GPU Detected
- Configuration Tool not opening / Crashing (Missing MSVCP*.dll)
- Game Black Screens / Crashes
- Sound Problems
- The game is Too Slow!
- ATI HD3xxx Missing Water
- Game's too Dark / Shadow Stripes
- Known Online Problems
- Known In-Game Bugs
- General Good Advice for Everyone
- Easily find the most-used settings for your GPU!
# Pretty Pictures from The Guide!
Here are some pictures you might like from the guide! You can also do this on your PC by following it (and if you have the required hardware!):# Higher Quality Graphics(Click here for Comparision VS Default):[screenshotcomparison.com]# Play with friends on Two or more Screens!# Eyefinity Epicness!
If you have any comments to make, suggestions, new stuff to add on the guide or even find wrong information on the guide, just write it down here in the comments, or talk to me on Steam!