VG_Elder May 10, 2013 @ 7:15pm
No Joystick Support???
This games seems to have no support for a Joystick. Can't even map keys for joystick. Sucks all the fun out of a flying battle game.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Highlander/Skype: Yoshimo_Hanada May 10, 2013 @ 7:42pm 
sure, try to aim at an interceptor with an analog stick, GG man.

If you are so masohistic go download Xpadder for win 7
Last edited by Highlander/Skype: Yoshimo_Hanada; May 10, 2013 @ 7:42pm
VG_Elder May 11, 2013 @ 7:17am 
Originally posted by Highlander ®:
sure, try to aim at an interceptor with an analog stick, GG man.

If you are so masohistic go download Xpadder for win 7

Played mechs, aircraft, and space sims with Joystick and had no problem shooting down anything. Software companies are too afraid to make games that require some skill level to play. The need to dumb down the controls so any ♥♥♥♥♥ can play regaurdless of skill level.
Frenzy May 12, 2013 @ 8:47am 
Why are you posting this thread in multiples?

Originally posted by Original_Gamer:

The (sic) need to dumb down the controls so any ♥♥♥♥♥ can play regaurdless (sic) of skill level.

Exactly. No one wants to make games for just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s. They are attracting a broader range of players.

Last edited by Frenzy; May 12, 2013 @ 8:48am
VG_Elder May 12, 2013 @ 2:14pm 
Originally posted by Triumphant:
Why are you posting this thread in multiples?

Originally posted by Original_Gamer:

The (sic) need to dumb down the controls so any ♥♥♥♥♥ can play regaurdless (sic) of skill level.

Exactly. No one wants to make games for just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s. They are attracting a broader range of players.

If you knew how to read you would have seen one thread is a question the other thread is a statement made after I found out there was not joystick support. Someone said they were adding in Joystick support and that is the responce I was looking for. If you were going to attract "a broader range of players" you would provide support for joysticks and gamepads and not just keyboard and mouse. If you don't have something useful to add to a conversion shut your trap and go back to the kiddy room.
[TL] Bridger May 13, 2013 @ 4:56am 
FWIW, anyone with a joystick in this game would be extremely outclassed. The ships don't move in a way which joysticks can control. They don't have aelerons, elevators, and rudder.

In addition (and more importantly), the weapons are on turret mounts, which means you don't need to point your ship at a target in order to hit it. The target needs only be inside the cone of your turrets. What this means in practice is that you want the ability to move your aiming reticule instantly and preciecely from one side of the screen to the other in order to track an enemy as they pass in front of you. Joysticks don't do that. Joysticks work really well if you have a maximum turning speed on a given axis, but your turrets have no such limitation.
VG_Elder May 13, 2013 @ 1:17pm 
Originally posted by TL Bridger:
FWIW, anyone with a joystick in this game would be extremely outclassed. The ships don't move in a way which joysticks can control. They don't have aelerons, elevators, and rudder.

In addition (and more importantly), the weapons are on turret mounts, which means you don't need to point your ship at a target in order to hit it. The target needs only be inside the cone of your turrets. What this means in practice is that you want the ability to move your aiming reticule instantly and preciecely from one side of the screen to the other in order to track an enemy as they pass in front of you. Joysticks don't do that. Joysticks work really well if you have a maximum turning speed on a given axis, but your turrets have no such limitation.

There is alot of cool flight control systems out there that can make this game cool. There is a head tracking device that can move your targeting around by moving your head, you can get joysticks with rudders and more flight controls. I just didn't way to pay for the stuff for a boring game like microsoft flight. Even a Logitech Extreme has a twisting feature to provide a Z axis control. Played early Star Wars space fighting games that had similar movement to this game and Joystick worked just fine. Even with precision controls basic dogfighting skills will still give you an edge. Get on someone's six and stay there until you take them out.
[HGS] Gaan Cathal May 14, 2013 @ 7:26am 
Originally posted by Original_Gamer:
There is alot of cool flight control systems out there that can make this game cool. There is a head tracking device that can move your targeting around by moving your head, you can get joysticks with rudders and more flight controls. I just didn't way to pay for the stuff for a boring game like microsoft flight. Even a Logitech Extreme has a twisting feature to provide a Z axis control. Played early Star Wars space fighting games that had similar movement to this game and Joystick worked just fine. Even with precision controls basic dogfighting skills will still give you an edge. Get on someone's six and stay there until you take them out.

Those older space fighter games, like Freespace, that work with joysticks tend to be because they have hardlocked weapons. If you're aiming seperate to ship movement, analogue sticks are simply inferior to a mouse because of the speed/precision advantage of the latter.
Palikucha Aug 29 @ 3:07am 
Originally posted by VG_Elder:
Originally posted by TL Bridger:
FWIW, anyone with a joystick in this game would be extremely outclassed. The ships don't move in a way which joysticks can control. They don't have aelerons, elevators, and rudder.

In addition (and more importantly), the weapons are on turret mounts, which means you don't need to point your ship at a target in order to hit it. The target needs only be inside the cone of your turrets. What this means in practice is that you want the ability to move your aiming reticule instantly and preciecely from one side of the screen to the other in order to track an enemy as they pass in front of you. Joysticks don't do that. Joysticks work really well if you have a maximum turning speed on a given axis, but your turrets have no such limitation.

There is alot of cool flight control systems out there that can make this game cool. There is a head tracking device that can move your targeting around by moving your head, you can get joysticks with rudders and more flight controls. I just didn't way to pay for the stuff for a boring game like microsoft flight. Even a Logitech Extreme has a twisting feature to provide a Z axis control. Played early Star Wars space fighting games that had similar movement to this game and Joystick worked just fine. Even with precision controls basic dogfighting skills will still give you an edge. Get on someone's six and stay there until you take them out.


HAT switch can be used for strafing. Any other wise comments?
ShellShock Aug 29 @ 10:39am 
They should,in my opinion,implement a joystick support for the ship flight and a separate mouse control for the weaponary.
When i played freelancer,i used a patch to mix both,i moved with a stick and fired with the mouse.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 10, 2013 @ 7:15pm
Posts: 9