Posted: January 24
Although it says I currently only have ~4 hours of in-game time for Star Conflict, I've actually played for 22.5 days (540 hours) as of the time of this review, and just reinstalled it using the Steam client. Star Conflict is an arcade-style MMO space shooter game, offering PvP (team deathmatches, capture the beacon, etc.) and PvE (set missions, instanced "open space") game modes.
Overall, I have enjoyed it and would recommend as a fun game, primarily for its PvP modes, but with caveats. This game is for people who like flying around in pew pew space fighter ships; it is NOT a macro/econ type game (e.g. EVE) on a vast scale. Playable maps are bound (but rather beautiful to play in IMO), and "open space" feels obviously instanced, i.e. it isn't truly "open space."
- Fun arcade-style space shooter game (primarily PvP--again, IMO)
- Multiple ship classes to choose from, build customization
- Pew pew lasers, missiles
- PvP modes are fast-paced
- Free to play (F2P), with purchasable extras (game is not Pay to Win (P2W), IMO)
- Small game population (queue times, matchmaker can be annoying)
- Grind becomes rather evident
- Underdeveloped econ system; no player trading
In conclusion, it's a free game, and can potentially be a lot of fun. It does take a bit of time investment, but for someone who's looking for a space fighter game, this might be a good one to take a look at. GL HF!