Starbound

Starbound

View Stats:
Starbound > General Discussions > Topic Details
GewaltSam Dec 15, 2013 @ 9:14am
Starbound Song Collection (around 400 selected ABC-Files)
You guys need some new songs for long and cold nights in your lonely starship? Why not take mine? ;)

http://rapidshare.com/share/28A6D721986BA288EB0FBD2EAE668F33

Nearly 400 songs (a few german, but not too much). There are a few tracks that are mediocre, but most are good or simply awesome.

Some are named "Various - ..."; those are songs i didn't know the artist who made them, or there are more than one.
"Themes - ..." are Soundtracks and such.
A few are named "(3) ...", those are the number of parts in the file. You can ignore that for now, Starbound doesn't support more than one voice so far.


Simply extract the Zip to your Starbound songs folder
(D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\songs)
If you restart the game and use an instrument, you should see your new music archive.


Credit goes out to Zarpd who collected some of them, and all the guys who made the files.
I don't take credit for any of the songs, i just collected, sorted and renamed them. Give me some feedback if you like :) Have fun!
Last edited by GewaltSam; Dec 15, 2013 @ 9:39am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
GewaltSam Dec 15, 2013 @ 9:40am 
File Hoster was bad, just changed to another one.
StroboWolf Dec 15, 2013 @ 9:58am 
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I started doing an own collection, but after copy and paste 10 times, It got boring and I stopped.
GewaltSam Dec 15, 2013 @ 10:33am 
No problem pal, i am just glad someone likes it :)
I put some hours into this, but i guess that collection will accompany me (and the guys i play Starbound with) for a while ;)
Captain_Hollis Dec 15, 2013 @ 10:40am 
Sooooo many songs.
Vyvyn Dec 15, 2013 @ 10:56am 
Do they all work though? Some songs will play fine but then utterly crash to desktop at a certain point.. The ABC for 'Cuz I got High' does this as does Kalinka. Which is sad, I wanted those two songs for particular situations :P
StroboWolf Dec 15, 2013 @ 11:31am 
So far everything works fine. Played about 60 Songs and hadn't had a crash.
But I know what you're talking about. I downloaded "Bright side of life" by Monty Python and it crashed everytime I wanted to play it. But the same song from this collection works fine. You might look for another version.
Ramlock Dec 15, 2013 @ 11:43am 
Working fine here so far, thank you very very much for the pack!

And I really don't wanna sound ungrateful, but I've chosen an important song for me to start the testing with, and it wasn't very pleasent. Portal - Still Alive is so wrong D: (and I can only guess many others will be as well).

If I can and do fix some songs, I'll send them back to you so you can update your pack ^.^

Either way, pack is recommended and I will share it with friends :D
Last edited by Ramlock; Dec 15, 2013 @ 11:55am
SunsetAmethyst Dec 15, 2013 @ 12:17pm 
Ramlock: Remeber that many songs can sound strange depending on what instrument you are using, thankfully Starbound has so many diffrent instruments that one of them is bound to make it sound less horrible.
GewaltSam Dec 15, 2013 @ 12:23pm 
Originally posted by PWNTR4IN:
Do they all work though? Some songs will play fine but then utterly crash to desktop at a certain point.. The ABC for 'Cuz I got High' does this as does Kalinka. Which is sad, I wanted those two songs for particular situations :P

I tested all of the songs in my collection, they should all work fine. You mean Because I Got High from Afroman? Got that one working, too ;)

Originally posted by Ramlock:
Working fine here so far, thank you very very much for the pack!

And I really don't wanna sound ungrateful, but I've chosen an important song for me to start the testing with, and it wasn't very pleasent. Portal - Still Alive is so wrong D: (and I can only guess many others will be as well).

If I can and do fix some songs, I'll send them back to you so you can update your pack ^.^

Either way, pack is recommended and I will share it with friends :D

Thanks for the nice feedback, pal :)

Some songs sound a bit off, yes, but as SunsetAmethyst said, some sound better with the right instruments. I am not sure, but I think Chucklefish did the instruments presentation with the Portal version I got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdfawUC-NRo
Ramlock Dec 15, 2013 @ 2:26pm 
I was actually talking about the chrods. I'll check how they sound with different instruments later and see if it fixes the issue, though.

--EDIT--

Originally posted by GewaltSam:
Some songs sound a bit off, yes, but as SunsetAmethyst said, some sound better with the right instruments. I am not sure, but I think Chucklefish did the instruments presentation with the Portal version I got: <link>

It's can't be the exact same version as on this one the instruments are separated. Or are they automatically separated by the game?
Last edited by Ramlock; Dec 15, 2013 @ 3:13pm
inverlock Dec 23, 2013 @ 10:03am 
The new Angry Koala update makes the songs crash starbound
Franky™ Dec 23, 2013 @ 10:27am 
Originally posted by ^QPR^ inverlock:
The new Angry Koala update makes the songs crash starbound
jup, crashes all the time...
Lux Dec 24, 2013 @ 1:40am 
Thank you so much for making this. I went ahead and added this to my song pack: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/sbsp-1000-starbound-song-pack.58760/
Rabblerouser Jan 13, 2014 @ 10:20pm 
Of ALL THE HOSTERS.. you had to pick Rapidshare? Why not Mega?
Rapidshare is HORRIBLE on the downloader's side. Throttled speeds and have a certain download quota you're allowed per hour, I think.

_ Rapidshare is horrible
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Starbound > General Discussions > Topic Details
Date Posted: Dec 15, 2013 @ 9:14am
Posts: 24