Some suggestions for developers
Great game, I got it in sale without hearing before about it, and I'm happy I got it. Just finished it and maybe developers will appreciate some feedback:
I liked the double jump mechanics, it forces player to think a little and not just mash the jump button like crazy. Kick/attack button was ok, I don't know how would I improve it. Game mechanics are imho overall beter than in SMB or Dustforce. My favorite levels were the japanese one and the underwater one, awesome music and art.
Things that I think could be improved, maybe in sequel:
1) missing/desintegrating corpses! I like to see how much I failed in graphical manner, Also, blood is clearing itself from saws, no gibs remain etc...
2) there could be more ways to kill enemies when you both are just stading on the ground. Maybe some deadly but time consuming attacks.
3) difficulty is too even, there are no easy parts in hard leves or hard parts in easy levels
4) there could be some more levels with the difficulty I most enjoyed, i.e. 3rd chapter. Later levels were more frustrating than fun.
5) collision boxes are slightly larger then sprites, I think it should be the other way, if something
6) there could be more graphical designs for deadly environment, saws and spikes are fun, but there could be so much more
7) ghosts should be rarer, they are interesting but you can't throw them into a saw!
Personaly in sequel I would like to see similar game mechanics but with more story/adventure feel to it.
I hope it sold good enough so there will be a sequel!