State of the Rewrite
- enable TBP to run on machines with lower specs
- remove the need for XNA, DotNet and Directx install
- allow for fast easy port to Linux, MacOS, etc.
- enable the ability to fine tune the game
* change resolution
* turn shader on and off
- add an 'easy' level set to ease some folks up to the difficulty level
- per level checkpoint save file
- support more controllers/joysticks while maintaining the Xbox360 support
- rewrite entire code base to C with OpenGL under SDL as the graphics library
- still using Bink from Rad Game Tools as the video player (its REALLY good!)
- OpenAL for sound
- game play - AFAICT it plays EXACTLY like the original
- main menu
- extras - mostly done
- pause menu - mostly done
- controller/keyboard input
- rumble on 360 controller
- video player integration
- general sound functionality
- font rendering subsystem
- conversion of old *.bin files to new
- very strange v-synch vs tearing speed issue on old hardware (this was HARD)
- introduce a 'debug' mode that logs everything
-- video setup - graphics
--- resolution (left right arrow menu, note on optimal res)
---- confirm with timer messagebox
---- add pixel-multiple resolution to res list for windowed mode
--- scaling: pixel perfect, maintain aspect ratio, stretch to fit
--- shader level: off, simple, full
--- parallax: simple, full
--- fullscreen, windowed
--- paper texture: on, off
--- v-synch: on, off
--- reset default settings
-- controller - graphics
--- add deadzone adjustment for gamepads
--- add new buttons for generic gamepads / joysticks to sheet
--- make sure dpad works in menu system as the analog stick
--- make sure that keyboard works along with other control systems in game play
--- integrate controller customization
-- main - graphics
--- music volume
--- sfx volume
--- checkbox for restart confirmation - this is for speed runs
--- language selection part - hint hint! -DONE for now
--- delete save files and blood badges
-- connect to options
- End of level title screen
-- connect to leaderboards
- Chapter selection
-- connect to leaderboards
-- bonus levels
--- connect to leaderboards
-- added FORCE_30FPS flag and function
-- effects with stereo panning
-- music with girl-hurt filter
- Ending video, credit and credit-sequence video
- some sort of z sorting weirdness ... i have an idea ...
- parallax in non-720p res shows vertical line from fractional error
- Can't set keyboard input, only responds to ESC once you try entering a new key
- When changing joypad directional input to d-pad you press B to exit instead of A to accept
- extras messed up in 853x480 in pixel perfect, windowed
- typo in Halloween level - see label - receive not recieve
- redoing a level results in end credits
- gallery view is messed up
- checkpoint ring collision bubble has the top edge missing
- gamepad vs joystick button assignment issue
- With dpad input selected, when changing resolutions it bugged out and went way too fast, after moving to another option it went back to normal - can't replicate !!!
- if I "save and exit" in an area with buzzsaws, the buzzsaw sound effect remains in the menus and so on.
- there is a TONNE more in the section - i've forgotten some stuff and used a broad brush in listing what is done.
- tweak sound
- add screen blanking to none full-fill in full screen - add as flag to config.txt
- add '[' and ']' to possible bind keys
-- set-up high scores arrays and names, etc.
- Steam integration
-- add new blood badges and leaderboards to steam
---- add bonus levels to leaderboards
-- change cloud save settings on steam
-- integrate Steam Controller
- Testing, testing, testing, testing, testing, testing, testing, testing, testing
- setting res to 0x0 going from fullscreen to window
- steam overlay not completely erased in black area of letterbox.
Please note - the list is not exhaustive. Often, new issues come up as i code.
When most of the above minus the Steam integration is done i will put this up in the Beta section for general testing of video, audio and input issues. The Beta version of the game will not be able to register Achievements and post scores to Leaderboards.
When will this all FINALLY be done? Heh, as soon as i can ... you can watch my progress here. I'll update as i go.
Thank you all for your patience.