The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

Kurious Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:21am
Witcher 2 Saved Games Gone
My Witcher 2 saved games do not show up in the in-game menu even though they can all be found in my Steam/savedgames folder in my Documents folder...Any ideas????
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
King J Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:05pm 
same thing just happened to me. If you find a fix, let me know.
Plust Feb 22, 2013 @ 8:11pm 
Steam\userdata\user number\20920\remote
Is where the save file saved.
Rename the file most recently saved to autosave_0000.sav
I fixed this way.
Last edited by Plust; Feb 23, 2013 @ 5:11am
Kurious Feb 27, 2013 @ 9:25pm 
...wow, thank you. Your solution worked for me to regain my very last saved game and proceed from there. I surely thank you.

Originally posted by Plust:
Steam\userdata\user number\20920\remote
Is where the save file saved.
Rename the file most recently saved to autosave_0000.sav
I fixed this way.
Direk_Warik Mar 18, 2013 @ 4:02am 
I try this way,thx
kernelvenus Sep 7, 2013 @ 9:02pm 
I just ran into this problem as well. The fix indicated did not work for me (the 20920 directory did not exist). However I found another solution. Edit "My Documents/Witcher 2/Config/User.ini". Look for CloudStorage. If it is currently set to true change it to false.

I think this happened because I clicked on Enable Cloud Steam in the options menu. I backed out of enabling it but apparently this variable was not reset.
Texan42 Jun 16, 2014 @ 11:42pm 
oh my god thank you soooooo f*cking much, i thought i'd have to start from a save from a week ago, i was sooooo pi*sed.
Last edited by Texan42; Jun 16, 2014 @ 11:43pm
KlumsyK Jul 8, 2014 @ 3:31am 
YES this is the way. Plust most humble gratitudes
Depotboy Jul 29, 2014 @ 2:29pm 
I changed the user.ini but every time I start the game it automatically changes it back to "true".

Edit, nvm got it. Had to delete that file in 20920.
Last edited by Depotboy; Jul 29, 2014 @ 2:45pm
rgn Nov 8, 2014 @ 6:42pm 
Originally posted by kernelvenus:
I just ran into this problem as well. ...

Over a year old but still helping people today. Thank you very much!
Pin0cch10 Nov 9, 2014 @ 11:24am 
You can save data in steam cloud, so sometime you might have misclicked it
click option and click enable/disable steam cloud, and check you saves.
(just saying, <3)
God of Ganja Feb 8, 2015 @ 4:19pm 
Originally posted by kernelvenus:
I just ran into this problem as well. The fix indicated did not work for me (the 20920 directory did not exist). However I found another solution. Edit "My Documents/Witcher 2/Config/User.ini". Look for CloudStorage. If it is currently set to true change it to false.

I think this happened because I clicked on Enable Cloud Steam in the options menu. I backed out of enabling it but apparently this variable was not reset.

Thank you so much bro. This fixed my problem. I did the same thing that you did. Went to enable my cloud and then backed out instead of activating it. Thanks again.
Why doesn't the game save to the right folder clearly it should save to Mydocuments>TheWitcher2>saves so why does it hide in some steam user folder?

Is there a way to force the game to save to the right folder or should i just delete it from steam and use the Gog version? I'm just trying to import saves from from the first game so i can set up my saves for the witcher 3 witch i've got via gog.com.

Will the witcher 3 even be able to read saves in the steam folder or would i have to move them to the myDocs file path any way?

Going to fire it up via Gog Galaxy ;)
Last edited by VikingDream - OuchThatHurt; May 11, 2015 @ 2:38am
Ceejay May 11, 2015 @ 3:30am 
Originally posted by VikingDream - OuchThatHurt:
Why doesn't the game save to the right folder clearly it should save to Mydocuments>TheWitcher2>saves so why does it hide in some steam user folder?

Is there a way to force the game to save to the right folder or should i just delete it from steam and use the Gog version? I'm just trying to import saves from from the first game so i can set up my saves for the witcher 3 witch i've got via gog.com.

Will the witcher 3 even be able to read saves in the steam folder or would i have to move them to the myDocs file path any way?

Going to fire it up via Gog Galaxy ;)

It depends if you have cloud saves on or off, if you delete all your cloud saves and turn cloud saves off, they will save in your Mydocuments>TheWitcher2>saves.

Otherwise, they're located in Program Files\Steam\userdata\(Your Steam ID)\20920
Last edited by Ceejay; May 11, 2015 @ 3:31am
I had cloud saves off but i did used to use it so i guess that's why they are all in that location i've perged it now so all good ;) thanks for the reply all my witcher games are on gog Galaxy now so it's all good ;)
Schnitzel May 24, 2015 @ 3:09am 
I've looked in all these places and my saves are nowhere to be found :( And I'm like halfway through the game and I don't want to do it all over again, at least not now :/
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 15 30 50