FAQ for all Guns of Icarus Issues
Here's a self help guide for some issues. For the most up to date go to gunsoficarus.com/faq
Description: Game opens, hears music, and crash within 1-2 seconds.
Very often an issue with DirectX or your resolution. To reinstall DirectX go to where Guns of Icarus is installed and use the provided DirectX installer.
If that does not work try resetting your game to defaults.
1) Right-click on the game in your Steam library, go to Properties
2) Select "Set Launch Options"
3) Enter the text "--resetToDefaults" (no quotes) and hit OK
4) Launch the game
5) After you’ve done that remove the --resetToDefaults"
My charater is always spinning or drifting to one side.
Try going into your options and disabling joystick controls.
I am having connection issues, but I have an amazing connection:
If you have even Avast or Comodo make sure Guns of Icarus is on their allowed list. If that doesn't work try uninstalling them and switching to another antivirus.
Game can't login
This is very often an issue with the Killer Network Manager.
If you are using the Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20), you may need to change its settings. After opening the game, from the “Applications” tab of the Killer Network Manager, click on the Guns of Icarus Online process. Switch the priority from 1 to either 2, 3, or 4.
Description: When start up or getting into matches, get stuck on loading screen.
1) Check Steam connection (first thing causing loading screen is Steam authentication server going down), and make sure status set to Online
2) Make sure game is downloaded properly
3) Try opting out of Steam beta, especially for Mac players (Steam beta Mac client can be unstable)
4) Make sure you're not blocked by firewall. Make sure port open from 5055 to 5100 for outgoing traffic.
5) Make sure that you don't have 3rd party vpn or networking software, such as Hamachi or Tunnggle, installed or enabled. In the case of Hamachi, it routes to 5. IPs improperly, making it one of the main culprits of the loading screen issue.
Description: When getting into matches, constantly get bounced to loading screen, then bounced back to match, and repeat.
This is an issue with certain router models corrupting UDP packets. We’ve reported this to Unity/Photon for them to investigate and find a way to compensate the corruption better.
In the meantime, if you can bypass the router, either by using a different router model or ethernet directly into internet modem, you should be able to overcome this issue.
The affected routers that we know of so far are:
And potentially one D-Link router model
Why there are microtransactions?
The microtransactions pay for us to keep an art team on as permanent staff so they can keep making things for the game.
Yes, some of the things they create are clothing items to be sold, but just as many are new ships, guns, and maps which are added into the game free of charge.
We will never sell any gameplay aspect in the store. The person who spends $20 in the in-game store and the person who spends $0 will have the same power, no matter what.
Since release we've added in 2 ships, 4 guns, an entirely new map, and 6 redone maps for different modes and sizes. All of these free of charge for everyone.
A lot of the costumes can also be earned by leveling up and many of the new costumes and items we make get added to the level up list.
If you are having any other issues, you can always send us an email at email@example.com, and be sure to include your player log and hardware specs (cpu, gpu, ram, vram, OS).
Here's how to get player log:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\guns of icarus online\GunsOfIcarusOnline_Data\output_log.txt
Open Utilities, then open Console. Go to Unity and select Player log.
Thanks a lot everyone!
Last edited by Keyvias
Sep 29 @ 11:23am