Trouble Shooting for Startup Crash, Stuck on Loading Screen, and Disconnection
Here's a self help guide for some issues. For the most up to date go to gunsoficarus.com/faq
Description: Game opens, hears music, and crash within 1-2 seconds.
This is an issue with the Steam client. Reinstalling Steam client should fix this.
Description: When start up or getting into matches, get stuck on loading screen.
1) Check Steam connection (first thing causing loading screen is Steam authentication server going down), and make sure status set to Online
2) Make sure game is downloaded properly
3) Try opting out of Steam beta, especially for Mac players (Steam beta Mac client can be unstable)
4) Make sure you're not blocked by firewall. Make sure port open from 5055 to 5100 for outgoing traffic.
5) Make sure that you don't have 3rd party vpn or networking software, such as Hamachi or Tunnggle, installed or enabled. In the case of Hamachi, it routes to 5. IPs improperly, making it one of the main culprits of the loading screen issue.
Description: When getting into matches, constantly get bounced to loading screen, then bounced back to match, and repeat.
This is an issue with certain router models corrupting UDP packets. We’ve reported this to Unity/Photon for them to investigate and find a way to compensate the corruption better.
In the meantime, if you can bypass the router, either by using a different router model or ethernet directly into internet modem, you should be able to overcome this issue.
The affected routers that we know of so far are:
And potentially one D-Link router model
You can always send us an email at email@example.com, and be sure to include your player log and hardware specs (cpu, gpu, ram, vram, OS).
Here's how to get player log:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\guns of icarus online\GunsOfIcarusOnline_Data\output_log.txt
Open Utilities, then open Console. Go to Unity and select Player log.
Thanks a lot everyone!