Abhi ϟ Nov 1, 2013 @ 4:18am
Worst Nightmare Rank #6
I heard that there is only one place i can finish my Worst Nightmare Rank #6 challenge. In the Merchant Bank only. Since i finished the game, i dont know now how to do it. It annoys me cause i never did it while Joker's thugs were there, neither i finish it, when i had to stop Deadshot.

Explosive Gel takdown.
Hanging Ledge Takedown

Only place i can do the 1st two is in the bank, and i just missed the chance.

I wanted to see if anyone could help me out.

Or where i can do it again?!
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Blue Mage Danny Jan 2 @ 2:02pm 
The only thing you can do is try again in New Game Plus, though it will be harder.

That or restart your save file like I did and hope there isn't some fatal glitch.

It sucks; I know.
JonoAMano Jan 2 @ 2:13pm 
Bear in mind, the Hanging Ledge Takedown is a misnomer. It should read "Ledge Takedown," or "Standing Ledge Takedown."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TvurdbjceM
DeadPixel Jan 2 @ 2:58pm 
New Game Plus or I am the Night. It's early in the game so shouldn't be hard to get back to that point. I just started a new save about 10 hours in to do them stupidly designed challenges.
Abhi ϟ Jan 2 @ 3:01pm 
Originally posted by Spooky:
New Game Plus or I am the Night. It's early in the game so shouldn't be hard to get back to that point. I just started a new save about 10 hours in to do them stupidly designed challenges.

So in New Game Plus i can do it right? Cause now i am in the Bank and its the Joker thungs. Should i do when it is Deadshots guys or? What do you advice
JonoAMano Jan 2 @ 3:04pm 
Get it early in the game. Do it with the Joker thugs at the Bank during the Black Mask mission. Save Deadshot for Rank 09 and 10.
Last edited by JonoAMano; Jan 2 @ 3:05pm
Abhi ϟ Jan 2 @ 3:17pm 
Originally posted by JonoAMano:
Get it early in the game. Do it with the Joker thugs at the Bank during the Black Mask mission. Save Deadshot for Rank 09 and 10.

It will be heard, cause i dont have the sonic batarang man :/
JonoAMano Jan 2 @ 3:20pm 
Don't need it. The YouTube video is just for demonstration.

When you first grapple up to a gargoyle after the cutscene, swing to one of the right/left gargoyles and single out an approaching henchman walking near the ledges for the Ledge Takedown.

Then immediately do a Corner Takedown on the Jammer Henchman.

If needed, use the RC Batarang to push a henchman into one of the upper side offices for the Vent Takedown. Always prep the stairway vents prior to breaching the vault before the cutscene.

Do a Gel Takedown *before* the very last henchman; the last man surrenders to you.

Restart the level if you don't get all of these before the last man. Good luck.
Last edited by JonoAMano; Jan 2 @ 3:31pm
Abhi ϟ Jan 2 @ 11:58pm 
Originally posted by JonoAMano:
Don't need it. The YouTube video is just for demonstration.

When you first grapple up to a gargoyle after the cutscene, swing to one of the right/left gargoyles and single out an approaching henchman walking near the ledges for the Ledge Takedown.

Then immediately do a Corner Takedown on the Jammer Henchman.

If needed, use the RC Batarang to push a henchman into one of the upper side offices for the Vent Takedown. Always prep the stairway vents prior to breaching the vault before the cutscene.

Do a Gel Takedown *before* the very last henchman; the last man surrenders to you.

Restart the level if you don't get all of these before the last man. Good luck.


Thank you. Dude dude.. its hanging ledge right? Meaning? i can still do the ledge? So how do i have to do it? Be on a ledge and then pull the henchmen down?
JonoAMano Jan 3 @ 12:25am 
Technically, it's *not* a Hanging Ledge Takedown. You have to stand on a ledge and when they pass close enough *below* you, click on your Takedown button - Y key on XBox Controller. Just like in the YouTube demonstration. The menu description for the 4 Exotic Takedowns is erroneous.
Last edited by JonoAMano; Jan 3 @ 12:38am
Abhi ϟ Jan 3 @ 12:55am 
Originally posted by JonoAMano:
Technically, it's *not* a Hanging Ledge Takedown. You have to stand on a ledge and when they pass close enough *below* you, click on your Takedown button - Y key on XBox Controller. Just like in the YouTube demonstration. The menu description for the 4 Exotic Takedowns is erroneous.


I am a noob actually. I have the Sonic Batarang and i did it man. I did this challenege :D Finally. Now i am scared for the others. LOL :p After Joker's Marchant Bank mission, will there be more mission like that? I forgot the whole thing, i am starting New Game+ after long time. :P
JonoAMano Jan 3 @ 1:50am 
No worries, I'm a bit of a noob myself sometimes. :-)

Actually, there's a few more difficult Worst Nightmare challenges ahead of you. You're going to need some help with some of these:

WN Rank 07: Head-On - Complete a Predator Encounter Without Doing Any Takedowns. *Confirmed Glitched* Perform this at Sionis Steel Mill Courtyard, but you won't get the achievement until after you take out the guys across the street or conclude the Coventry Fire CaseFile. Refer to this thread for details.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/648811126524202130

WN Rank 08: Perfect Vision - Complete a Predator Encounter Without Using Detective Vision, and Without Being Seen.
Do this inside the Sionis Steel Mill Drug Lab.

I usually perform WN Rank 09 and 10 together at the Deadshot mission, again at the Bank.
WN Rank 09: Loud Takedowns - Perform 4 Loud Takedowns: Grate Takedown, Inverted Takedown, Knock-Out Smash, Hanging Ledge Takedown (Actual).
Do not allow yourself to be seen by Deadshot or the henchmen for Rank 10.
WN Rank 10: Apex Predator - Complete a Predator Encounter With a High Threat Level or Higher Without Being Seen.
During this one, Deadshot will brag, boast and curse at you, but unless he actually scores a hit on you, you're okay.

WN Rank 11 is Sonic Shock Batarang Takedown, no surprises there.

WN Rank 12: Always Different - Complete a Predator Encounter With a High Threat Level or Above By Performing At Least 5 Different Takedowns.
I use Gotham Royal Hotel, Main Entrance Grand Lobby. After you collect the Shock Gloves, leave the mission (yes, leave) and enable Diamond GCR Tower, complete Black Mask for the Smoke Grenade upgrade, and collect all electrically dependent Datapacks.

WN Rank 13: Smoke Master - Eliminate 3 Enemies Within the Duration of 1 Smoke Pellet.
I use Final Offer Fore Deck. Easier with the upgrade.

WN Rank 14: Three in a Single Blow - Eliminate 3 Enemies with a Single Propane Tank.
I return to the Royal Hotel and fight my way up to the 40th Floor Swimming Pool. Plenty of enemies and two propane tanks. This is the earliest opportunity to get this achievement sequentially that I've thus far found, hence necessitating leaving the hotel only to return to complete the mission.

WN Rank 15: Double Fall - Pull 2 Enemies Over a Railing at the Same Time Using Advanced Gadget Techniques
Final Offer Fore Deck or Sionis Steel Mill Courtyard Catwalks. After this is done and over with, enjoy the rest of the game.

Whilst being laid up with that lingering flu that was making the rounds, I compiled a list of earliest opportunities to get all the Dark Knight Challenges done and over with in a first-run game, even if you play on Easy Mode. After I give it a once-over and spellcheck it, I'll post it as a guide later in the year.
Last edited by JonoAMano; Jan 4 @ 3:21am
Abhi ϟ Jan 3 @ 1:58am 
Originally posted by JonoAMano:
No worries, I'm a bit of a noob myself sometimes. :-)

Actually, there's a few more difficult Worst Nightmare challenges ahead of you. You're going to need some help with some of these:

WN Rank 07: Head-On - Complete a Predator Encounter Without Doing Any Takedowns. *Confirmed Glitched* Perform this at Sionis Steel Mill Courtyard, but you won't get the achievement until after you take out the guys across the street or conclude the Coventry Fire CaseFile. Refer to this thread for details.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/648811126524202130

WN Rank 08: Perfect Vision - Complete a Predator Encounter Without Using Detective Vision, and Without Being Seen.
Do this inside the Sionis Steel Mill Drug Lab.

I usually perform WN Rank 09 and 10 together at the Deadshot mission, again at the Bank.
WN Rank 09: Loud Takedowns - Perform 4 Loud Takedowns: Grate Takedown, Inverted Takedown, Knock-Out Smash, Hanging LedgeTakedown (Actual).
Do not allow yourself to be seen by Deadshot or the henchmen for Rank 10.
WN Rank 10: Apex Predator - Complete a Predator Encounter With a High Threat Level or Higher Without Being Seen.
During this one, Deadshot will brag, boast and curse at you, but unless he actually scores a hit on you, you're okay.

WN Rank 11 is Sonic Shock Batarang Takedown, no surprises there.

WN Rank 12: Always Different - Complete a Predator Encounter With a High Threat Level or Above By Performing At Least 5 Different Takedowns.
I use Gotham Royal Hotel, Main Entrance Grand Lobby. After you collect the Shock Gloves, leave the mission (yes, leave) and enable Diamond GCR Tower, complete Black Mask for the Smoke Grenade upgrade, and collect all electrically dependent Datapacks.

WN Rank 13: Smoke Master - Eliminate 3 Enemies Within the Duration of 1 Smoke Pellet.
I use Final Offer Fore Deck. Easier with the upgrade.

WN Rank 14: Three in a Single Blow - Eliminate 3 Enemies with a Single Propane Tank.
I return to the Royal Hotel and fight my way up to the 40th Floor Swimming Pool. Plenty of enemies and two propane tanks. This is the earliest opportunity to get this achievement sequentially that I've thus far found, hence necessitating leaving the hotel only to return to complete the mission.

WN Rank 15: Double Fall - Pull 2 Enemies Over a Railing at the Same Time Using Advanced Gadget Techniques
Final Offer Fore Deck or Sionis Steel Mill Courtyard Catwalks. After this is done and over with, enjoy the rest of the game.

Whilst being laid up with that lingering flu that was making the rounds, I compiled a list of earliest opportunities to get all the Dark Knight Challenges done and over with in a first-run game, even if you play on Easy Mode. After I give it a once-over and spellcheck it, I'll post it as a guide later in the year.

There is to much to read and i would like to add you if it is okay? I will take it step by step by taking your advice on chat
Last edited by Abhi ϟ; Jan 3 @ 1:58am
Abhi ϟ Jan 3 @ 3:01am 
Originally posted by JonoAMano:
No worries, I'm a bit of a noob myself sometimes. :-)

Actually, there's a few more difficult Worst Nightmare challenges ahead of you. You're going to need some help with some of these:

WN Rank 07: Head-On - Complete a Predator Encounter Without Doing Any Takedowns. *Confirmed Glitched* Perform this at Sionis Steel Mill Courtyard, but you won't get the achievement until after you take out the guys across the street or conclude the Coventry Fire CaseFile. Refer to this thread for details.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/648811126524202130

WN Rank 08: Perfect Vision - Complete a Predator Encounter Without Using Detective Vision, and Without Being Seen.
Do this inside the Sionis Steel Mill Drug Lab.

I usually perform WN Rank 09 and 10 together at the Deadshot mission, again at the Bank.
WN Rank 09: Loud Takedowns - Perform 4 Loud Takedowns: Grate Takedown, Inverted Takedown, Knock-Out Smash, Hanging LedgeTakedown (Actual).
Do not allow yourself to be seen by Deadshot or the henchmen for Rank 10.
WN Rank 10: Apex Predator - Complete a Predator Encounter With a High Threat Level or Higher Without Being Seen.
During this one, Deadshot will brag, boast and curse at you, but unless he actually scores a hit on you, you're okay.

WN Rank 11 is Sonic Shock Batarang Takedown, no surprises there.

WN Rank 12: Always Different - Complete a Predator Encounter With a High Threat Level or Above By Performing At Least 5 Different Takedowns.
I use Gotham Royal Hotel, Main Entrance Grand Lobby. After you collect the Shock Gloves, leave the mission (yes, leave) and enable Diamond GCR Tower, complete Black Mask for the Smoke Grenade upgrade, and collect all electrically dependent Datapacks.

WN Rank 13: Smoke Master - Eliminate 3 Enemies Within the Duration of 1 Smoke Pellet.
I use Final Offer Fore Deck. Easier with the upgrade.

WN Rank 14: Three in a Single Blow - Eliminate 3 Enemies with a Single Propane Tank.
I return to the Royal Hotel and fight my way up to the 40th Floor Swimming Pool. Plenty of enemies and two propane tanks. This is the earliest opportunity to get this achievement sequentially that I've thus far found, hence necessitating leaving the hotel only to return to complete the mission.

WN Rank 15: Double Fall - Pull 2 Enemies Over a Railing at the Same Time Using Advanced Gadget Techniques
Final Offer Fore Deck or Sionis Steel Mill Courtyard Catwalks. After this is done and over with, enjoy the rest of the game.

Whilst being laid up with that lingering flu that was making the rounds, I compiled a list of earliest opportunities to get all the Dark Knight Challenges done and over with in a first-run game, even if you play on Easy Mode. After I give it a once-over and spellcheck it, I'll post it as a guide later in the year.


Hey again. I did and followed Soundwave it worked now i have too do 8th. After 10th i dont know many how to do :/
JonoAMano Jan 3 @ 11:39am 
MixMaestro, out of courtesy to the other members, you don't have to quote my every single word. It's a lot of text to have to scroll through before we even get to your reply. Just put "in reply to..." and/or the member's Steam ID, we'll know whom you're responding to. Thanks.

As for a chat play-by-play, I'd literally have to be seeing what you're doing, which is not possible given the limitations of single-player mode. In this game, we're taking on the role of a vigilante detective, a master of deductive reasoning. Part of the fun (and some of the headaches) lay in the discovery of figuring things out for ourselves. My future guide suggestions will be only that: suggestions. What works for me might not work for everyone's gaming style. To be honest, I'm by no means a master gamer; I've merely figured out a method of completing all the DK challenges well before the final acts of the game.

In the meantime, feel free to copy and paste my suggestions to a document, that way you can view them at your leisure and convenience, then see what works for you.
Abhi ϟ Jan 3 @ 11:55am 
Okay i will do. I gave you a request you can accept it or not. Just lemme know. Thanks again. A ton.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2013 @ 4:18am
Posts: 17