If none of the solutions below help you then please post the following information as it is a requirement for us to help you and pinpoint what your problem could be.Required Information
First solution for all issuesWarning: Minimum System Requirements not met
- Operations System
- Graphics Card
Missing mouse on main menu
- Solution: Add -dontforceminreqs to launch options
- Additional Information: To add that to launch options rightclick The Witcher in your library and click "properties" then click "set launch options..."
Video card overheating/making a lot of sound/screen tearing
- Solution: Use shift to make mouse appear
Save and load game menu is loading slowly
- Solution: Force V-Sync on
- Additional Help: To force V-Sync on [nvidia] open "Nvidia Control Panel" then go to "Manage 3D Settings" and in "program settings" add "The Witcher" and if it's not on the list that comes up browse to find it. Once added select it and find "Vetical Sync" at the bottom of the list and turn it on then save the settings and load the game up.
Are there mods for this game?
- Solution: Delete or move all the extra saved game files.
- Additional Information: To find the save game files go to the folder C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\The Witcher\saves
- Warning: Remember to not delete your most up-to-date save file
Trying to confine the areas for bug posts as it seems to come up somewhat often when a sale goes on or people decide to start playing again. I will update this post with more solutions when they come up.