Posted: December 20
After tying up every lose ends in the first of the witcher series and nearly logging in 50 hours into this game, I can say that I`m mentally exhausted. I didn`t expect that a game released 7 years ago would achieve such a feat. CD Projekt did a wonderful job creating a deep, rich and satisfying story that reminded me that sometimes having an excellent story is as important as having fantastic gameplay mechanics. Albeit the magnificent tale, the witcher falls short of delivering in its combat system, sometimes being painfully buggy during the heat of battle. Power-ups frequently doesn`t work and some spells are way more overpowered than others. In the end however, the absorbing nature of the game keeps pulling me back for more. I hope the witcher 2 would solve the above issues and it`ll be splendid.
- Undeniably good story
- Lots of quests to take on, sometimes overwhelmed by what to do next and often lead astray
- Good alchemy and skill tree system
- So many chats to chat
- Not so terrible graphics for a 2007 game
- Combat mechanics are buggy, some skills are OP, early game is tough for hard mode
- Tutorial are thin and for the first few hours, prepare to be confused
- Small variety of weapons and armors
Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing this.
This game deserves a 9/10.