Today's Patch Notes BGM™
is Robeast, a track I was introduced to by a member of the SG community and ended up purchasing and listening to for about a week straight:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBvViQnjRk4
- Fix flashing round timer during things like EKG Flatliner in Versus. Now it is properly grey while time-out is disabled.
- Tags now autocorrect like all other special moves, the exiting character will face the correct direction before the incoming character starts their action. Nobody told me this was wrong for two years, hahahahaha.
- Fix assists teleporting before landing under certain specific conditions (facing backward and having them blocked for most of their descent). Thanks Weatherbee for finally having it happen on video AND for going to look it up in the archive!
- Bugfix: Sekhmet no longer gains meter when her attacks connect vs opponent pushblocking, Fortune's head, or armored moves/another Sekhmet. Thanks Arcana and others.
- Byebye modified superjumps, we hardly knew ye. I have never gotten so many negative responses to a change! I liked them, but this game isn't only for me, so out they go. I hope all you curmudgeons are satisfied. :^)
- Reversal window after hitstun/wakeup restored to the original 4f.
- Bugfix, crouching preblock (only crouching) will now happen vs air attacks, which changes nothing but removes a buggy instant-overhead setup. Thanks TheGamaniac.
- Add 1200 health to everyone's lifebar (at 1.0, multiplied by the normal ratios for solos/duos). Lets you live through one more hard hit, gives you a little bit more of a chance vs some optimized junk.
- Double-snap required distance to corner reduced by 1/3. After being snapped, assists must hit the wall within 10f. (Real Game distance is 15f.) Just enough to affect most round-start double snaps.
New solo mechanic test!
No more auto-healing: Solos will keep up to 1/3 a bar of red health vs a trio and 1/2 vs a duo (none in 1v1). Hitting the solo with a snapback removes all accumulated red health. The solo hitting with a snapback restores 2/3 red health if they hit a point character and 1/3 red health if they hit an assist. I'm not sure I like this, but experiments!
- Kanchou travels faster when she's going behind the opponent; s.HP->Kanchou now works on Big Band and Beowulf.
- j.D+MP has bigger vertical hitboxes while falling and longer opponent hitstop. Can hit more often and followup more easily.
- Cerecopter damage redistributed, base damage almost the same (-100 or so), fully scaled damage 721->520.
- Merry Go-Rilla no longer strike invincible during startup, still throw invincible on grab frames. Should maybe be invincible on the 1f before the grab but let's see.
- Redistribute damage on Khepri Sun. Fully scaled damage ~4100->~3700.
- Added 5f buffer window after L Osiris Spiral to more easily link normal attacks and continue.
- Updo assist comes out at the correct position relative to the point character instead of 100 pixels further forward than any other DP assist. Heh.
- Increase flight speed Forward by 0.5 pixels/frame, Back by 0.5 px/frame, Up by 1 px/frame, Down unchanged. Install no longer makes her fly faster.
- Pinion Dash returned to assist-only, updated faster Stunt Double (alpha counter) version still there. From Custom Action ye rose, to Custom Action shalt thou return.
- Can catch bursts with counter supers, but doing that now scales any followup combo to 50% for both versions. Countering other moves besides bursts does not scale the following combo.
- Air Bypass scales damage to 66% instead of 75%.
- Mortuary Drop forward movement distance increased by ~90 pixels to help it connect after pushblocks.2nd update
- Level 3 won't slide past the opponent, should greatly
improve usability. No thanks whatsoever
to Izzmo. :^)
- Bugfix: Moonsault will no longer trigger the cinematic when the third hit is an OTG.
- Tag in has correct blockstun, now -20 instead of -3. Thanks negus_eyoel!
- First test of Crowd Hype. "Hype" is somewhat overused but it's properly descriptive here.
Holding down s.LP / dropping a mic from s.MP / taunting all build excitement. Confetti falls whenever the excitement level increases. Max level (Lv2) will make the ref come out from Splash like before. It'll do more stuff soon.
- Altered opponent's arc when released from a Headbutt/Knee for better juggles.
- Headbutts/Knees will not kill during a super as long as the opponent will still be grabbed after that attack.
- j.HK chair toss is now done by holding the button down instead of D+HK. See what you think, this way seems more intuitive to me.
- c.MK and chairless s.HP/j.HP
will no longer grab dead characters.
- Dashing LP no longer goes over crouching Painwheel. Thanks someone or other.
- M chair toss releases the chair closer to Beowulf, should be more useful as an overhead setup and assist now.