Posted: February 28
Assassin's Creed III is the best AC game I have played so far. It adds new elements to the franchise, new locations, new characters and improved gameplay that makes it feel unique to its franchise, but it is let down by Ubisoft's blatant disregard for PC gamers and their systems.Pros
+ Great storyline.
+ Great characters (You start off as Haythem Kenway and eventually play as his son).
+ Improved graphics.
+ More fluent free climbing and combat.
+ More side quests.
+ Naval combat.
+ Fun gameplay.Cons
- While the combat is more fluent it can be somewhat irritating at times, you will often counter an enemies attack only for him to punch you or to be attacked by another enemy.
- Weapons can often be inneffetive, the hidden blade in this game is only good for assassinations. For open combat it is useless, the pistol and bow can be effective but only against weaker enemies.
- Terrible stealth mechanics....yet again.
- Terrible port (certain areas of the game will have drastic drops in FPS and will dip to mid 30's whereas other areas will have a high framrate and smooth gameplay. Two examples of this are Boston and The Frontier).
- Bland and stupid AI.
- Riddle with glitches.
- Still no ability to save when you like which can be irritating if the game crashes.
- The game relies on horses for long-distance travel but it has made no improvements on them, the have very short stamina and often get glitched and stuck into objects.
This game would be fantastic if is was not for the constant drops in framerate and the game ruining bugs and glitches. I would only buy if it is on sale. It is worth the full price but it may leave some players feeling ripped off becuase of the ongoing issues.