"This is a demonstration of how the secret Wolfenstein maps in the version of Doom 2 packed with Doom 3: BFG Edition are censored. Unlike previous attempts of censorship which deleted these maps entirely, the maps were retained but with heavy content edits.
If you didn't watch the video:
- MAP31 "Wolfenstein" has been renamed to "IDKFA"
- MAP32 "Grosse" has been renamed to "Keen"
- MAP31's Spear of Destiny track "Evil Incarnate" and MAP32's Wolfenstein 3D track "The Ultimate Challenge" have both been replaced by the standard Doom 2 track "DOOM"
- All groups of SS Guards have been replaced by groups of Zombiemen
- All swastika and Hitler-related decorative imagery have been removed from the wall textures, making the levels look quite plain. This also makes several secrets more difficult to find.
- In the main wad file, most of the SS Guard sprites have been replaced with a dummy Zombieman sprite. However, the SS Guard sounds are still present.
And while unrelated to the censorship, you can also see the red cross on medikits. stimpacks, and berserk packs (2:55) has been replaced by a pill graphic due to the wishes of the Red Cross. This change originated with the Xbox Live Arcade release of Doom 2 in 2010."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1snCRIl16ks