Those who bought the BFG edition or classic complete pack are welcome to try out ZDaemon, whether they are oldies that rediscovered the game again or complete newbies to the oldschool classic doom.
From the ZDaemon website[zdaemon.org]
The ultimate first person shooter experience, based on the original classic Doom from id Software! ZDaemon lets you play with other players just like any modern FPS, whether they're across the street or across the globe."
In a nutshell: You get to play many different game modes and maps online on over 400 servers, add favourites and buddies, use the built-in chat client in the game launcher. You get to choose whether you want to keep it Old School (truest to the original game) or try out New School maps and settings (rocket jumping, instagib, etc). Check out some of the key features:
- Up to fifty players in one server
- Gain experience, collect stats and level up
- User friendly game launcher with in-built Chat
- Many gamemodes including CTF, DDOM, KotH, TDM, Survival...
- Five weekly events to keep the blood pumping
- Monthly Tournaments and leagues
- DVD-like demo playback
- Silky smooth netcode
- Super Sampled Anti-Aliasing for a more beautiful dooming experience
...And some fan-made videos:Thursday Night Survival #67 by AnimaZeroThe ZDaemon Movie by clan [CHAOS]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfMaof-62w[/url]
[url=http://zdaemon.org]ZDaemon websiteForums[forums.zdaemon.org]ZDaemon Duelers League[zdl.zdaemon.org]