Vincalanious May 16 @ 6:27pm
DOOM 3: BFG Edition crashes.
Hi i barely got DOOM 3: BFG Edition. I remember the original doom from back in the day. I got it for computer but every time i launch it, it flickers then it pops a blue screen saying something about the OpenGL thing is crashing, and the thing that keeps on downloading is Microsoft VC redist. But when i tryed to open it up and it says i already have it or something. Can anyone help me?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Living Tribunal (Banned) May 16 @ 7:54pm 
Originally posted by EN Vincalanious:
Hi i barely got DOOM 3: BFG Edition. I remember the original doom from back in the day. I got it for computer but every time i launch it, it flickers then it pops a blue screen saying something about the OpenGL thing is crashing, and the thing that keeps on downloading is Microsoft VC redist. But when i tryed to open it up and it says i already have it or something. Can anyone help me?
What is the exact message? And, are your drivers up to date?
geko95gek May 17 @ 6:24am 
yeah sounds like a driver issue, whats your GPU?
Vincalanious May 17 @ 11:45am 
Originally posted by geko95gek:
yeah sounds like a driver issue, whats your GPU?
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Living Tribunal (Banned) May 17 @ 12:03pm 
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect if this doesn't work then your system doesn't support it. Intel HD/Express series...aren't created to game...they can, and the bfg semi support is back according to intel.
geko95gek May 17 @ 12:26pm 
Originally posted by EN Vincalanious:
Originally posted by geko95gek:
yeah sounds like a driver issue, whats your GPU?
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Just like Vash said above, Intel built-in GPUs arent designed for gaming and thus arent supported at all... in any game! You can use it for internet and youtube just fine though :)
Living Tribunal (Banned) May 17 @ 12:28pm 
Originally posted by geko95gek:
Originally posted by EN Vincalanious:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Just like Vash said above, Intel built-in GPUs arent designed for gaming and thus arent supported at all... in any game! You can use it for internet and youtube just fine though :)
Ya, I mean they can game a little nothing impressive...running games comes and go with drivers...you just gotta udpate your drivers and play a game of chance with Intel...the reason being is the majority support goes to what you said not gaming.
geko95gek May 17 @ 12:37pm 
Originally posted by Vash the Stampede:
Originally posted by geko95gek:

Just like Vash said above, Intel built-in GPUs arent designed for gaming and thus arent supported at all... in any game! You can use it for internet and youtube just fine though :)
Ya, I mean they can game a little nothing impressive...running games comes and go with drivers...you just gotta udpate your drivers and play a game of chance with Intel...the reason being is the majority support goes to what you said not gaming.

Yeah I just said they arent supported.

It's still possible to run some old games on it if you're lucky, but those chips were never designed for gaming
Living Tribunal (Banned) May 17 @ 1:00pm 
Well, I've seen people with Intel cards run BFG at lower FPS. But, the capability comes and goes with the drivers.
Rebelde May 19 @ 3:54pm 
Im getting the same message and I have a powerful gaming rig. Im gonna try deleting the game and re-downloading it. Some people say tht fixes the issue!
Vincalanious May 19 @ 3:55pm 
Originally posted by Rebelde:
Im getting the same message and I have a powerful gaming rig. Im gonna try deleting the game and re-downloading it. Some people say tht fixes the issue!
hmm really? ok ill try it lets hope it works and i hope that it works fo ryou too :)
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 16 @ 6:27pm
Posts: 10