Hominid Jun 11 @ 2:46pm
Does not launch
Everytime I run BFG Edition it does a first time set up for Microsoft Visual C ++, then it loads a few seconds and it just quits without an error message. I tried compatibility mode and reinstalled Visual C and DirectX. I'm not sure what else I can do, any ideas?
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Living Tribunal (Banned) Jun 11 @ 4:00pm 
Originally posted by Hominid:
Everytime I run BFG Edition it does a first time set up for Microsoft Visual C ++, then it loads a few seconds and it just quits without an error message. I tried compatibility mode and reinstalled Visual C and DirectX. I'm not sure what else I can do, any ideas?
Go to Doom 3 bfg's folder, two rename the vcredist_x86 file and direct x file. Return to steam, and verify the cache of the game.
Hominid Jun 11 @ 4:25pm 
With direct x file you mean DXSETUP.exe?
Living Tribunal (Banned) Jun 11 @ 4:27pm 
Originally posted by Hominid:
With direct x file you mean DXSETUP.exe?
Ya
Hominid Jun 11 @ 4:37pm 
Thanks, but no luck. I must be missing something. It just quits loading before the launch menu should appear.
Last edited by Hominid; Jun 11 @ 4:46pm
Living Tribunal (Banned) Jun 11 @ 4:51pm 
Originally posted by Hominid:
Thanks, but no luck. I must be missing something. It just quits loading before the launch menu should appear.
In steam click the steam button, go to account, beta participation, change, set it to none then when it promts you restart steam. If that doesn't work try reinstalling doom 3 bfg....
Hominid Jun 11 @ 4:55pm 
Damn.. i'm in Steam beta, didn't think of that. Sounds plausible!
Living Tribunal (Banned) Jun 11 @ 4:56pm 
Ya, everyone was having an issue with that.
Hominid Jun 11 @ 4:57pm 
Damn it. Same thing...
Hominid Jun 11 @ 5:00pm 
For now I see no other options than to accept it won't work.
Last edited by Hominid; Jun 11 @ 5:05pm
Living Tribunal (Banned) Jun 11 @ 5:08pm 
Originally posted by Hominid:
For now I see no other options than to accept it won't work.
Did you try to reinstall though? If that doesn't work I'd send a support ticket to ID.
Living Tribunal (Banned) Jun 11 @ 5:09pm 
Also, what are your specs?
Hominid Jun 11 @ 5:16pm 
Win7 64
i5 4670K
Geforce GTX 760
Asus Xonar D1 Audio
8 GB ram
Living Tribunal (Banned) Jun 11 @ 5:16pm 
Originally posted by Hominid:
Win7 64
i5 4670K
Geforce GTX 760
Asus Xonar D1 Audio
8 GB ram
Drivers up to date?
Hominid Jun 11 @ 5:17pm 
Yeah, did that quite recently.
Living Tribunal (Banned) Jun 11 @ 5:20pm 
Well, if you also tried to reinstall the game after deleting...that doesn't work...I'd contact ID on the matter.
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50