Developers Punch List
It's obvious that you played an enormous amount of MOO2 and it shows. I understand what you've tried to do. There are things that need to be fixed before I go back to this. To be honest, for $30, I was expecting a much more solid experience. Gal Civ 2 and even Star Ruler are really preferable by comparison, as is Distant Stars (although too daunting). Here are a few items:
(1) Time Between Moves -- there's no way on an i7 with 8gb of memory that I need to wait 5 - 10 seconds per move. I don't know if the delay is intentional or you need to optimize, but at higher levels it becomes very annoying.
(2) Stellar Background & Zoom Out -- The stellar background is pretty, but distracts from the map. Further, noise confuses real star systems with sparkle. There's no reason I should be able to zoom out beyond the visible borders of the galaxy.
(3) Interface - "Mushy" describes it best. Sometimes I have to click buttons twice to get them to acknowledge, especially on later levels.
(4) Updates / Galactopedia / Discoveries -- Yeah, I discovered "Blue Cap" -- but what is it and why do I care? Is there any history? If so, it certainly doesn't pop up much.
(5) List of discovered but uncolonized planets -- come on -- on a medium or large galaxy this is essential. MOO2 had it. You need it.
(6) AI, especially path finding. I set a ship to explore and when it hits a corner it informs me that "The entire galaxy has been explored." Nope
(7) Sometimes shops follow superstrings, sometimes they just cut corners. I'm sure there's some explanation for when and why, but it beats me.
*****(7) QC -- after an 8 hour game, I decided to break an alliance and attack -- I had a large fleet, plenty of planets and a large ally. "You are the Loser -- $Enemy has defeated you. $YourEmpire has been defeated. Do you want to continue to play." WHAT???!?!?!?!?!?
Nice try, but there are some serious patches you need to get out here.