Posted: December 20
I bought it and it's DLC for 66% off during a sale, and then an additional 50% off because I was a Founder for Endless Legend.
At first, the game will be overwelming and you'll have no clue what to do. The tutorial available is quite in depth, and took me 20 or so minutes to go through and read all the information available. If you've played Endless Legend, this is just like that but in Space. You colonise and terraform different planets, build and manage fleets, establish trade routes and form diplomatic agreements aswell as going to war, which you have the option of bombing the planet, or sending ground troops.
The game has utterly beautiful graphics, and it looks a little like a David Attenborough documentary when you're looking at the planet overview with the graphics set to Fantastic. There's a diverse number of species, ships aswell as different planet types. I love the types that are rich jungles or entirely oceanic as they're great eye candy.
Much like Endless Legend, there's wonders that effect your planet/systems outputs (FIDS) for the better or worse.
I'd STRONGLY recommend buying this game if you love stuff like Civilization.
Games good points:
- BEAUTIFUL graphics.
- Rich lore (Just like EVERY other Amplitude title).
- Vast upgrade tree.
- Multitudes of options.
- Ability to change a planets geographical layout to your needs.
- Several different playable races.
- Hundreds, if not thousands of hours of gametime.
- Cheap if brought on sale.
Games bad points:
- Costly if not on sale.
- Hard to learn at first, which may be offputting.
- Slightly buggy save system, will not allow me to rename my saves.
All in all, a strong 9/10.