Loadout > General Discussions > Topic Details
sexbutt Aug 12, 2013 @ 6:54pm
Ideas for the future!
Community ideas that we would all like to see in future updates.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
o0SuicideKing0o Aug 12, 2013 @ 7:01pm 
Matchmaking where the people that you are playing with are around the same level you are.
Price cut on items or better way to get spacebucks. Some things barely give you a stat increase yet cost over 1000 space bucks (imagine how f2p people will feel).
More game modes.
Last edited by o0SuicideKing0o; Aug 12, 2013 @ 7:02pm
rob  [developer] Aug 12, 2013 @ 8:56pm 
Originally posted by o0SuicideKing0o:
Matchmaking where the people that you are playing with are around the same level you are.
Price cut on items or better way to get spacebucks. Some things barely give you a stat increase yet cost over 1000 space bucks (imagine how f2p people will feel).
More game modes.
We are currently working on all three of these issues. :)
Focus Aug 13, 2013 @ 1:04pm 
A TDM sort of gamemode and a Free For All gamemode
XeroRadiance Aug 13, 2013 @ 8:08pm 
- Shield to be removed. Reasons why: It practically gives double health and forces other team to A: Use shields themselves to compencate or B: Give up a weapon slot for a tesla weapon or tesla grenades which renders itself obsolete after shield destruction and by then the enemy has worn you down and will end up losing the fight. Not to mention that an ally can use a healing gun which guarentees triple health so what's the point in playing. (Can potentialy use shield as well.) Worst case senario, all of the enemy team is using shields = Instant Loss

- Juice shouldn't work on yourself alone and healing allies shouldn't heal you. Reasons why: Juicing yourself kinda makes you a one man wrecking crew not to mention the use of shields. (see above again for clarification.) I don't mind the healing overtime, but being able to get overheal yourself for healing allies is too big of a reward for being a medic. Let your pocket reward you for doing a good job by killing people.

- Spacebux Issue. Already in progress of being reworked.

- Reliance on hitscan weapons: I thought this was Loadout, Not Squeeze n' Cheeze 2014. After giving the game a second chance after a day, I've noticed that every player uses some shape or form of a Rifle weapon w/Slugs. Then again how can I complain about people who are mathematicians and know that Rifles/Slugs are the superior way of dealing damage. This IMO is offensive to the delvelopers for not experimenting with other weapons and leaving their safety zone. Not to mention a waste of the developers time and money puting in these different playstyles. (Note: This is more of a complaint to the community, not about the game itself.)

Will add more as issues arise.
Last edited by XeroRadiance; Aug 13, 2013 @ 8:22pm
sexbutt Aug 14, 2013 @ 11:19am 
Originally posted by Arstotzka-Xero:
- Shield to be removed. Reasons why: It practically gives double health and forces other team to A: Use shields themselves to compencate or B: Give up a weapon slot for a tesla weapon or tesla grenades which renders itself obsolete after shield destruction and by then the enemy has worn you down and will end up losing the fight. Not to mention that an ally can use a healing gun which guarentees triple health so what's the point in playing. (Can potentialy use shield as well.) Worst case senario, all of the enemy team is using shields = Instant Loss

- Juice shouldn't work on yourself alone and healing allies shouldn't heal you. Reasons why: Juicing yourself kinda makes you a one man wrecking crew not to mention the use of shields. (see above again for clarification.) I don't mind the healing overtime, but being able to get overheal yourself for healing allies is too big of a reward for being a medic. Let your pocket reward you for doing a good job by killing people.

- Spacebux Issue. Already in progress of being reworked.

- Reliance on hitscan weapons: I thought this was Loadout, Not Squeeze n' Cheeze 2014. After giving the game a second chance after a day, I've noticed that every player uses some shape or form of a Rifle weapon w/Slugs. Then again how can I complain about people who are mathematicians and know that Rifles/Slugs are the superior way of dealing damage. This IMO is offensive to the delvelopers for not experimenting with other weapons and leaving their safety zone. Not to mention a waste of the developers time and money puting in these different playstyles. (Note: This is more of a complaint to the community, not about the game itself.)

Will add more as issues arise.
You do know that Loadout is in beta correct?
o0SuicideKing0o Aug 14, 2013 @ 2:01pm 
Originally posted by Arstotzka-Xero:
- Shield to be removed. Reasons why: It practically gives double health and forces other team to A: Use shields themselves to compencate or B: Give up a weapon slot for a tesla weapon or tesla grenades which renders itself obsolete after shield destruction and by then the enemy has worn you down and will end up losing the fight. Not to mention that an ally can use a healing gun which guarentees triple health so what's the point in playing. (Can potentialy use shield as well.) Worst case senario, all of the enemy team is using shields = Instant Loss
What shield are you talking about?
rob  [developer] Aug 15, 2013 @ 10:17am 
Shields are an equipment type, which you can select per loadout. Shields are currently tuned to give a 33% health boost, although, unlike normal health, they regenerate. If you pick shields, you sacrifice your equipment slot. Any suggestions for improving shields? Perhaps it's tuning, or perhaps something else to balance its overall effectiveness, like giving away your position?
XeroRadiance Aug 15, 2013 @ 12:00pm 
@McGee: Yes I do know this game is in beta and if you have counter-arguements to mine, feel free to respond. I am open to ideas and other suggestions. Heck at first I thought turrets were OP until I found out they fire within a cone so an enemy can walk up behind it and destroy it via melee which rendered my opinion invalid.
@Rob: Now that I know that is the percentage of the health boost, it is kinda hard to find a nerf for it. I'll more or less leave this for other players to debate about or the other developers to make the call.
rob  [developer] Aug 17, 2013 @ 6:03am 
BTW, you can find lots of discussion for this sort of stuff on the official forums. That's where most of the players and developers hang out. http://www.loadout.com/forums
o0SuicideKing0o Aug 18, 2013 @ 3:38pm 
This may be a glitch, but I keep getting meleed by people who shouldn't be close enough to melee me. If it isn't a glitch then either the damage needs to be nerfed or the range taken down. I shouldn't be able to be killed by melee before I can kill the guy with bullets.
sexbutt Aug 18, 2013 @ 7:43pm 
Originally posted by o0SuicideKing0o:
This may be a glitch, but I keep getting meleed by people who shouldn't be close enough to melee me. If it isn't a glitch then either the damage needs to be nerfed or the range taken down. I shouldn't be able to be killed by melee before I can kill the guy with bullets.
Yeah, ive had an issue when playing against bots; The odd time if they kill you, when you respawn they will kill you right away no-matter where they are.
rob  [developer] Aug 19, 2013 @ 5:48am 
Thanks. We recently found a bug that was contributing to this problem. I'm not sure whether it will be in this week's build, or the following week, but keep an eye on the build notes.
o0SuicideKing0o Aug 19, 2013 @ 4:01pm 
Originally posted by F.F.McGee:
Originally posted by o0SuicideKing0o:
This may be a glitch, but I keep getting meleed by people who shouldn't be close enough to melee me. If it isn't a glitch then either the damage needs to be nerfed or the range taken down. I shouldn't be able to be killed by melee before I can kill the guy with bullets.
Yeah, ive had an issue when playing against bots; The odd time if they kill you, when you respawn they will kill you right away no-matter where they are.
It's not bots that do this to me.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2013 @ 6:54pm
Posts: 13