Loadout > General Discussions > Topic Details
Sky)Firestorm Feb 10 @ 2:42am
Pyro - how it works? And test problem
It says that it will cause damage during time, but is it additional damage or just the way of dealing part of damage? The problem is that for testing pyro on any type of gun(rifle, rocket, beam, pulse) you need to buy tesla before testing pyro.
Hope, in future they will add ability to test parts, that are not able even for unlock
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Jack C. Feb 10 @ 2:47am 
I think its just the way of dealing damage.
Sebastian Feb 10 @ 2:48am 
pyro deals 25% of its damage up front, the other 75% as DoT damage.
it also somewhat increases damage taken on the person hit.

Originally posted by Sky)htzfun:
Hope, in future they will add ability to test parts, that are not able even for unlock
hopefully.
AUTISM DADDY *efukt Feb 10 @ 2:49am 
One thing for sure, people burn when you light them on fire with the pyro, they take damage overtime. My guess is that it's way of dealing the damage and in no way it's additional damage.
Sky)Firestorm Feb 10 @ 2:51am 

Originally posted by Sebastian:
pyro deals 25% of its damage up front, the other 75% as DoT damage.
it also somewhat increases damage taken on the person hit.

Originally posted by Sky)htzfun:
Hope, in future they will add ability to test parts, that are not able even for unlock
hopefully.

thx , Sebastian, it's really helpful and useful info. So that I don't need it on my sniper rifle)
Sebastian Feb 10 @ 2:53am 
Originally posted by Sky)htzfun:
thx , Sebastian, it's really helpful and useful info. So that I don't need it on my sniper rifle)
I forgot to mention, fire can be put out by rolling.
Kick the Bukkit Feb 10 @ 3:41am 
Originally posted by Sebastian:
Originally posted by Sky)htzfun:
thx , Sebastian, it's really helpful and useful info. So that I don't need it on my sniper rifle)
I forgot to mention, fire can be put out by rolling.
not allways... i got hit by fire and rolled towards a healthpack and still died next to it burned to death. and there wasn't anybody shooting at me.
Sebastian Feb 10 @ 3:44am 
Originally posted by Kick the Bukkit:
not allways... i got hit by fire and rolled towards a healthpack and still died next to it burned to death. and there wasn't anybody shooting at me.
you sometimes have to roll multiple times.
not sure why though, might be due to fire having been applied several times (being shot for example with a pyro beam), or maybe just due to the fire being very strong (fire sniper)
Disgruntled Peasant Feb 10 @ 4:08am 
Each roll knocks time off your total burn time, so if you've been hit with a fire weapon a lot, you will need multiple rolls to completely remove the fire.
jotun? Feb 10 @ 5:06am 
This explains how it works: http://loadout.wikia.com/wiki/Pyro
Kick the Bukkit Feb 10 @ 5:27am 
Originally posted by jotun?:
This explains how it works: http://loadout.wikia.com/wiki/Pyro
hey! thanks :D that was the most usefull answer i've seen on this intire forum xD (realy, i'm not being sarcastic if you would think otherwise)

even being in the beta i never given it much tought but then again, now there's milions of other weapon combo's that people in the beta just didn't use because we like the ones we allready had hehe.

also i hope the devs will put this into the game somewhere, most people don't know this kind of stuff, or that tesla destroys shields :D or how the turret works (had to find these things out for myself and there wasn't realy a place that you could test these things) maybe put a training map on it or improve the testing range.
๖Dia_haze Feb 10 @ 6:09am 
you get 1+ damage and 75% of damage is done over time.
shigad Feb 10 @ 6:28am 
the good thing about pyro is, that the fire can spread into another enemy. it does'nt do more damage, actually, it does LESS damage than slug.
๖Dia_haze Feb 10 @ 6:31am 
Originally posted by TheProblem:
the good thing about pyro is, that the fire can spread into another enemy. it does'nt do more damage, actually, it does LESS damage than slug.
thats tesla, you are wrong. Have you ever used Pyro it says +1.38 or something like that on most of my guns.
Last edited by ๖Dia_haze; Feb 10 @ 6:56am
๖Dia_haze Feb 10 @ 6:33am 
Does 25% of reported damage up front, and the remaining 75% damage over time
Burns at a rate of 7.1 damage per second
Rolling reduces the time spent burning by 1.3 seconds
Being on fire increases all incoming damage by 10%
http://loadout.wikia.com/wiki/Pyro
Chimpster Feb 10 @ 7:11am 
Personally I HATE being on fire. I roll and roll and about 2/3rds of the time still die. Not saying it's op or anything I kill plenty of people with my rockets but GOD I hate fire....
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 10 @ 2:42am
Posts: 19