Loadout > General Discussions > Topic Details
MF Scott Feb 8 @ 2:22pm
Hate to be that guy..
But if you do not know how to play the game, play against bots. Don't go in HvH and just run around and ignore your team. This is the main reason I can't play games that rely on team work because I don't have the luck of playing with good people, or people who act like they have common sense. I quit LoL for the same reason and if this game turns out to be the same way I won't be playing much longer lol.

Just had to rant a little.
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Disgruntled Peasant Feb 8 @ 2:24pm 
It can be pretty annoying when you have someone on your team who doesnt know what the objective of the game-mode is. Especially so if they become the collector in extraction and just randomly wander around.
MF Scott Feb 8 @ 2:26pm 
Originally posted by Disgruntled Peasant:
It can be pretty annoying when you have someone on your team who doesnt know what the objective of the game-mode is. Especially so if they become the collector in extraction and just randomly wander around.
Yeah that's what I meant. I hate to be a jerk and post something like this but it seriously gets under my skin when I play with people who are basically just doing whatever they want and not trying to play as a team.
CryptoAnarchy Feb 8 @ 2:28pm 
There's no ranked matchmaking yet.

LoL does. The law of large numbers means your rant won't matter in ranked because if you're good in LoL, there's a chance for 4 people in your team to suck and a chance for 5 people in theirs. With enough games, the average is that you will be winning more often and escape from being paired with "noob" teammates as much.

And if you quit LoL even with the ranked matchmaking in place, I don't know what to tell you or how you will possibly be satisfied with Loadout.
Last edited by CryptoAnarchy; Feb 8 @ 2:39pm
I feel the same way. In other games I play, there are places I can go for PUGs with other like-minded, same skill level players. But for things like this, all I have is the matchmaking, and I really can't understand why people would play a *team oriented game,* but never listen to team mates who clearly know what the hell they are doing.

"WTF I killed like 3 guys but we didn't get any points?"

"Uh, yeah... It's Death Snatch. You need to pick up the vials after you kill someone."

"STFU noob, I know how to play tdm."
AtheosisX Feb 8 @ 2:36pm 
My suggestion is to stop worrying about whether you win or lose and just have fun.
Originally posted by AtheosisX:
My suggestion is to stop worrying about whether you win or lose and just have fun.

Here's the thing about that argument:

Playing a *COMPETITIVE STYLE GAME* is only fun for a lot of people (people like myself and probably the others in agreement in this thread) if you play to win; it's okay to lose, but not if you're losing because the people on your team don't know how to play, or don't give a damn about the game.

If you go and play football with friends, you're playing for fun, but you still try to win and understand the objectives of the game. It's the same for multiplayer games. If you're not going to even try and play the game and just be off dicking around, go play single player instead of ruining other people's experience.
Last edited by › The Cool Side of the Pillow; Feb 8 @ 2:40pm
CyberDown Feb 8 @ 2:39pm 
Dude im like 11hrs into the game new. Im starting to get irked by this.

Were doing the collector match. I start. I drop 19 of those things into the score (it took me about 5 seconds to realize what i was suppose to do...its super obvious)

I end up getting killed when i move to a new location for faster pick ups.

Score is like 1900 to 400.

The next 5-10 minuets the score is 2000 to 1900 because our team doesnt know wtf they are doing, and i cant figure out how to chat in game to yell at them lol.

Is it that difficult? Eventually our collector dies a few times with one score being made, and i get it, and end the match and 1min with a win.

Its not being a jerk, to want your team to focus on the objective and winning vs chasing down kills. This problems is in many...many games with team based objectives.

Ive had tons of matches where the team hasnt a clue what is going on. Dont blame it on being new. I would think the number of people who havent a clue what control point, or a glorified capture the flag plays out. Even Death Snatch has its idiots aplenty. I kill two people then die to a grenade. See a teammate run up to the area then turn around and run to an enemy across the map...then i see the other team run through...denied...denied...kill counted....and i face palm.
Originally posted by CyberDown:
Dude im like 11hrs into the game new. Im starting to get irked by this.

Were doing the collector match. I start. I drop 19 of those things into the score (it took me about 5 seconds to realize what i was suppose to do...its super obvious)

I end up getting killed when i move to a new location for faster pick ups.

Score is like 1900 to 400.

The next 5-10 minuets the score is 2000 to 1900 because our team doesnt know wtf they are doing, and i cant figure out how to chat in game to yell at them lol.

Is it that difficult? Eventually our collector dies a few times with one score being made, and i get it, and end the match and 1min with a win.

Its not being a jerk, to want your team to focus on the objective and winning vs chasing down kills. This problems is in many...many games with team based objectives.

Ive had tons of matches where the team hasnt a clue what is going on. Dont blame it on being new. I would think the number of people who havent a clue what control point, or a glorified capture the flag plays out. Even Death Snatch has its idiots aplenty. I kill two people then die to a grenade. See a teammate run up to the area then turn around and run to an enemy across the map...then i see the other team run through...denied...denied...kill counted....and i face palm.

See, what I am thinking for most of these types of scenarios is that, this is a free game so there are a lot of children on that can't quite figure things out as quickly without being told. It would be super easy to tell if there were voice chat...
MF Scott Feb 8 @ 2:49pm 
Originally posted by CryptoAnarchy:
There's no ranked matchmaking yet.

LoL does. The law of large numbers means your rant won't matter in ranked because if you're good in LoL, there's a chance for 4 people in your team to suck and a chance for 5 people in theirs. With enough games, the average is that you will be winning more often and escape from being paired with "noob" teammates as much.

And if you quit LoL even with the ranked matchmaking in place, I don't know what to tell you or how you will possibly be satisfied with Loadout.
Ranked in LoL means nothing. We're in the point of gaming where people think it's funny to troll and they'll mess up the game on purpose because they get a weird little kick out of losing. I really don't know what you were trying to accomplish with your post, but I do know that my rant made perfect sense because a lot of people are having the same troubles from what we can see.

But trolls will be trolls I guess and there's nothing I can do about it. I just got heated and decided to rant and from what I can see, people feel the same way as I do.
Last edited by MF Scott; Feb 8 @ 2:50pm
Originally posted by Handguns:
We're in the point of gaming where people think it's funny to troll and they'll mess up the game on purpose because they get a weird little kick out of losing. I really don't know what you were trying to accomplish with your post, but I do know that my rant made perfect sense because a lot of people are having the same troubles from what we can see.

But trolls will be trolls I guess and there's nothing I can do about it. I just got heated and decided to rant and from what I can see, people feel the same way as I do.

Oh god... Don't even get me started on trolls in games. I own L4D2. That game literally becomes unplayable on the weekends with all the griefers and trolls that come into games, start spamming votes, exploit to get people kicked, exploit to break the game, DDOS the servers, spam invites straight to your Steam profile, spam text in chat, etc...

It's sad that a good game like L4D2 is completely ruined by the majority of it's playerbase, and there isn't really anything the developers can do to stop it without basically commiting suicide as a business.
CryptoAnarchy Feb 8 @ 3:41pm 
Originally posted by Handguns:
Originally posted by CryptoAnarchy:
There's no ranked matchmaking yet.

LoL does. The law of large numbers means your rant won't matter in ranked because if you're good in LoL, there's a chance for 4 people in your team to suck and a chance for 5 people in theirs. With enough games, the average is that you will be winning more often and escape from being paired with "noob" teammates as much.

And if you quit LoL even with the ranked matchmaking in place, I don't know what to tell you or how you will possibly be satisfied with Loadout.
Ranked in LoL means nothing. We're in the point of gaming where people think it's funny to troll and they'll mess up the game on purpose because they get a weird little kick out of losing. I really don't know what you were trying to accomplish with your post, but I do know that my rant made perfect sense because a lot of people are having the same troubles from what we can see.

But trolls will be trolls I guess and there's nothing I can do about it. I just got heated and decided to rant and from what I can see, people feel the same way as I do.

Oh so the problem isn't clueless people who don't know how to play (as stated in the original post), it's trolls now? Then of course, there's going to be trolls in every game.
Last edited by CryptoAnarchy; Feb 8 @ 3:42pm
Dusklite Feb 8 @ 3:47pm 
Having a real tutorial might help cutting down on the numbers of clueless people. Just had a non-full Blitz match (3v3). Our entire team had a K/D below 1. We won 4000 to 0. 'nuff said.
MF Scott Feb 8 @ 4:29pm 
Originally posted by CryptoAnarchy:
Originally posted by Handguns:
Ranked in LoL means nothing. We're in the point of gaming where people think it's funny to troll and they'll mess up the game on purpose because they get a weird little kick out of losing. I really don't know what you were trying to accomplish with your post, but I do know that my rant made perfect sense because a lot of people are having the same troubles from what we can see.

But trolls will be trolls I guess and there's nothing I can do about it. I just got heated and decided to rant and from what I can see, people feel the same way as I do.

Oh so the problem isn't clueless people who don't know how to play (as stated in the original post), it's trolls now? Then of course, there's going to be trolls in every game.
Are you literally trying to start an argument or something or make me out to be a liar? Lol, the problem isn't trolls, I was saying that once there is Ranked (competitve) then it will be filled with trolls.

Please pay attention.
Dufflebags Feb 8 @ 4:48pm 
Originally posted by Handguns:
But if you do not know how to play the game, play against bots. Don't go in HvH and just run around and ignore your team. This is the main reason I can't play games that rely on team work because I don't have the luck of playing with good people, or people who act like they have common sense. I quit LoL for the same reason and if this game turns out to be the same way I won't be playing much longer lol.

Just had to rant a little.

I feel your pain. But honestly? People playing with bots are the reason you maybe have a bad team. They get use to playing AI, which only have one set way of thinking. Then they jump in a real game and don't know how to handle themselves.

Unfortunately the only fix is for noobs to play with the rest of us and just get better through experience.

Playing with bots will only keep them at a low skill level.

Just my two cents.
Dusklite Feb 8 @ 4:53pm 
Originally posted by Dufflebags:
Originally posted by Handguns:
But if you do not know how to play the game, play against bots. Don't go in HvH and just run around and ignore your team. This is the main reason I can't play games that rely on team work because I don't have the luck of playing with good people, or people who act like they have common sense. I quit LoL for the same reason and if this game turns out to be the same way I won't be playing much longer lol.

Just had to rant a little.

I feel your pain. But honestly? People playing with bots are the reason you maybe have a bad team. They get use to playing AI, which only have one set way of thinking. Then they jump in a real game and don't know how to handle themselves.

Unfortunately the only fix is for noobs to play with the rest of us and just get better through experience.

Playing with bots will only keep them at a low skill level.

Just my two cents.

I think bot matches are often harder than playing against others... bots at least cooperate without fail. Actually, if you do well in bot matches (regarding objectives) you are more than prepared for the irrationality that is the human player, I think. ^^
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 8 @ 2:22pm
Posts: 27