The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

View Stats:
Yuta Jan 1, 2014 @ 5:53am
How to pause?
I couldn't catch up the subtitles - I'm a slow reader. Help?
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Yuta Jan 1, 2014 @ 6:00am 
I pressed Pause/Break, and it didn't work. Don't tell me Esc because it will change the view, and I can't see the subtitles.
Last edited by Yuta; Jan 1, 2014 @ 6:16am
Turtle Jan 1, 2014 @ 10:33am 
Do you have sound? Why dont you just listen?
Yuta Jan 1, 2014 @ 8:41pm 
Originally posted by TurtleOfDoom:
Do you have sound? Why dont you just listen?
Yes, I do have. But English is not my native language. I can read, but I'm not used to listen to. Well, guess there is no pause button. Thanks for replying anyway.
Last edited by Yuta; Jan 1, 2014 @ 9:50pm
alex_ul2009 Jan 18, 2014 @ 10:49am 
There is a way to suspend the process (pause the game) i use an Autohotkeyscript with Pssuspend.exe my code is :

run WalkingDead101.exe

Sleep, 15000

SetTimer, check_window, 500
return

check_window:
Process, Exist, WalkingDead101.exe
If (ErrorLevel = 0)
ExitApp

f3::suspend

space::
if a!=1
{
a=1
Run, "pssuspend.exe" walkingdead101.exe, , hide
return
}
else
{
a=2
Run, "pssuspend.exe" -r walkingdead101.exe, , hide
}
return

here's a link to a rar file:

http://www.filedropper.com/twdstart

this contains the autohotkey installer, pssuspend and a script with the code above starting from "space::" .. it doesn't start the game or check if the game is still running so u have to close the script when u are done (or u can change the code .. ). I don't have the steam version of the game but if the steam version has the same "process" name in task manager (walkingdead101.exe) .. then this should work.

I noticed sometimes after u suspend the game the timer's still running but u can press the option u want and when u resume even if u waited too long the game will accept the option u chose.
I hope this helps some of u .. also if u didn't use autohotkey before .. try it it's awesome i used it for many games dmc for example i made a few changes to the controls to switch forms and corresponding weapons with the same button (daemonfrom-daemon weapons, angerlform ...) also used it for a few IMPOSSIBLE to do combos using keyboard/mouse.
Last edited by alex_ul2009; Jan 19, 2014 @ 1:01pm
Yuta Jan 18, 2014 @ 10:02pm 
Originally posted by alex_ul2009:
There is a way to suspend the process (pause the game) i use an Autohotkeyscript with Pssuspend.exe my code is :

run WalkingDead101.exe

Sleep, 15000

SetTimer, check_window, 500
return

check_window:
Process, Exist, WalkingDead101.exe
If (ErrorLevel = 0)
ExitApp

f3::suspend

space::
if a!=1
{
a=1
Run, "pssuspend.exe" walkingdead101.exe, , hide
return
}
else
{
a=2
Run, "pssuspend.exe" -r walkingdead101.exe, , hide
}
return
Oh,ok. Thanks.
altaigr81 Mar 5, 2014 @ 7:16am 
alex_ul2009 thanks a lot !!!
tomek1ni [PL] Jul 30, 2014 @ 1:47am 
has anybody still have these files?.. I would like to get them also.
tomek1ni [PL] Jul 14, 2016 @ 12:11pm 
HA! After two years I've got it to work!!
tomek1ni [PL] Jul 14, 2016 @ 12:41pm 
You need to download AutoHotkey from https://autohotkey.com/ and install it. Then you download PsTools from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/pssuspend.aspx.
Unpack pssuspend.exe file from PsTools archive, and place in The Walking Dead folder where the file WalkingDead101.exe is located.
Now we make the autohotkey script file by right clicking in The Walking Dead folder, 'New > AutoHotkey Script'. Name it somehow (twdp.ahk).
Right click on it and "Edit Script". Paste the whole alex_ul2009's script:
run WalkingDead101.exe Sleep, 15000 SetTimer, check_window, 500 return check_window: Process, Exist, WalkingDead101.exe If (ErrorLevel = 0) ExitApp f3::suspend space:: if a!=1 { a=1 Run, "pssuspend.exe" walkingdead101.exe, , hide return } else { a=2 Run, "pssuspend.exe" -r walkingdead101.exe, , hide } return
save and exit.
Now important: lunch the pssuspend.exe file by double clicking it. It will install it self or something. Without that action the script had not worked properly.
Lunch the twdp.ahk script file (double clicking on it) and the game should start.
You freeze the game when you press Space button on you keyboard.
After exiting the game you need to stop the script. You do it by right clicking on H icon next to your clock on your taskbar, and Exit.
Last edited by tomek1ni [PL]; Jul 14, 2016 @ 12:45pm
neoghoul Nov 8, 2016 @ 2:39pm 
Originally posted by tomek1ni PL:
You need to download AutoHotkey from https://autohotkey.com/ and install it. Then you download PsTools from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/pssuspend.aspx.
Unpack pssuspend.exe file from PsTools archive, and place in The Walking Dead folder where the file WalkingDead101.exe is located.
Now we make the autohotkey script file by right clicking in The Walking Dead folder, 'New > AutoHotkey Script'. Name it somehow (twdp.ahk).
Right click on it and "Edit Script". Paste the whole alex_ul2009's script:
run WalkingDead101.exe Sleep, 15000 SetTimer, check_window, 500 return check_window: Process, Exist, WalkingDead101.exe If (ErrorLevel = 0) ExitApp f3::suspend space:: if a!=1 { a=1 Run, "pssuspend.exe" walkingdead101.exe, , hide return } else { a=2 Run, "pssuspend.exe" -r walkingdead101.exe, , hide } return
save and exit.
Now important: lunch the pssuspend.exe file by double clicking it. It will install it self or something. Without that action the script had not worked properly.
Lunch the twdp.ahk script file (double clicking on it) and the game should start.
You freeze the game when you press Space button on you keyboard.
After exiting the game you need to stop the script. You do it by right clicking on H icon next to your clock on your taskbar, and Exit.

Yeah, I'm necro-posting the♥♥♥♥♥♥out of this.
@tomek1ni First, thanks it works....kinda. I can pause now whenever I wish, but in dialog selection segments my pause always results in Lee saying nothing:/ Do you guys have the same problem?
Last edited by neoghoul; Nov 8, 2016 @ 2:40pm
Turtle Nov 8, 2016 @ 3:01pm 
cmon this is near 3 year old threat stop reviving it xD
Spockus Nov 8, 2016 @ 4:51pm 
Originally posted by Turtle:
cmon this is near 3 year old threat stop reviving it xD

lol ikr
Works like a charm with the script ! Thanks a lot !
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 15 30 50