Ys Origin > General Discussions > Topic Details
☔ wuddih SpNv ✔ Jun 13 @ 7:19am
Please don't buy this in Europe.
until they drop the base price back to default.

15,99€ -> 19,99€ [www.steamprices.com]

They did a price raise on all their titles, they went from fair currency conversion to 1€=$1
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Sir Vitriol PT Jun 14 @ 4:31pm 
RIP OFF, AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Spread the word!
Last edited by Sir Vitriol PT; Jun 14 @ 4:31pm
Psycho Jun 15 @ 4:06am 
Summer Sale is coming. They raised prices so it will look like there are bigger discounts on thier games during the sale. I bet the old price will be back after the sale.
☔ wuddih SpNv ✔ Jun 15 @ 4:33am 
Originally posted by Psycho:
Summer Sale is coming. They raised prices so it will look like there are bigger discounts on thier games during the sale. I bet the old price will be back after the sale.
illegal action in europe.
Dr Alfons Jun 16 @ 5:09am 
This is one ugly price increase. I thought about buying their games, but I changed my mind after all of this.
ToPa. Jun 17 @ 1:50pm 
Same, i removed the game from my wishlist, this is indeed pretty illegal in my opinion.
Quint S. Akemi Jun 17 @ 2:20pm 
Originally posted by ToPa.:
Same, i removed the game from my wishlist, this is indeed pretty illegal in my opinion.
Is it possible to get this game from someone from, say, the U.S.?

If so, you should keep it on your wishlist and ask a U.S. friend to gift it to you.
☔ wuddih SpNv ✔ Jun 17 @ 4:18pm 
Originally posted by Quint the Giant Emerald Dodo:
Is it possible to get this game from someone from, say, the U.S.?

If so, you should keep it on your wishlist and ask a U.S. friend to gift it to you.
Yes it is possible, but that is not the point here. That price raise after 2 years is not only ridiculous, it will be also illegal if they do participate in summer sale. A price raise before a sell is illegal by law.

If you wanna exploit the system, go ahead and buy it in the land of Vodka for only 9€, but that abuse only brought us region restricted purchases, trading and activation restrictions on dozens of newly released titles.
Zealous Unicorn Jun 21 @ 4:23pm 
That's a damn shame.

I absolutley LOVE this game and really would reccomended it, but what they have done with the price hike is terrible.

I hate price increases and I also hate euro prices being treated like dollars, it infuriates me when this happens.

Again, I love this game but it's a damn shame they've gone and done this.
Sir Vitriol PT Jun 21 @ 4:35pm 
in this case its an extra on top of 1$=1€
Der_Mr_Ben Jun 23 @ 3:27pm 
Thank you for the info


blacklist XSEED
Der_Mr_Ben Jun 24 @ 2:55am 
Sir Vitriol PT Jun 24 @ 6:19am 
Quint S. Akemi Jun 24 @ 6:53am 
Well of course it looks worse if you simply pick the currency in which it's the most overpriced.
☔ wuddih SpNv ✔ Jun 24 @ 7:21am 
Originally posted by Quint Monroe:
Well of course it looks worse if you simply pick the currency in which it's the most overpriced.
doesn't change the fact of the unnecceary price raise after its been already 2 years on a constant fair price.
Quint S. Akemi Jun 24 @ 7:31am 
I agree. Though in this case we should make sure we direct our rage at XSEED's pricing, and pressure them to move the prices back to reasonable comparability, rather than hating on the game itself.

Also, nice 100% OJ avatar.
Last edited by Quint S. Akemi; Jun 24 @ 7:31am
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50